Friday, December 19, 2014

Getting My MoJo Back


I don't actually really know what mojo is, and what the slang term is really supposed to say, but I like how it sounds, and I think mine is coming back. I'm home bound of sorts for another five days, able to work from home a few hours a day, but with orders to get plenty of rest and recuperation time.  I'm feeling less winded so my iron must be on the rise, and have tried to start puttering with organizing gifts.  If tomorrow goes well, I might try some candy making, but that might be over playing my energy. I haven't got DD#1 or  DS's gifts mailed, but I did get fun gift baskets ordered earlier, guaranteed by Christmas Eve, so if the other gifts don't arrive until after Christmas, they have things to help ring in the holiday. We still have access to make deposits in their checking accounts, so money was going to be the main gift anyway, much more practical than guessing at wants and needs for two struggling young professionals. I wasn't done with DD#2, but she is not asking for really any thing, but had a book title list with a few asterisk's beside the titles she really wants. I like independent book stores, but reality forced me to order  from Amazon, with Christmas Eve delivery.

My recuperation is going well, however DD#2 decided to join me and the poor thing has succumbed to the flu.  She had a temperature and headache earlier in the week, but no other signs, and we thought she was on the mend.  No temp or headache for a day, so let her  sing in her holiday choir concert last night.  As always it was beautiful. That was my short venture out. She made it through, barely, but has been back in bed ever since.  We have a flu strain running amuck in Minnesota right now that seems to be stronger than the vaccine-until I know she is totally well, she's staying put.  Some school districts have decided to start Christmas break early, and have today be the last day to try and curtail further cases. I was vaccinated, and they say for older people, the vaccine has been effective, with cases hitting kids harder, so I'm not worrying that I will pick it up too.  Crossing my fingers. She's a good patient, doesn't complain and is trying to stay rested, though hard to get her to drink enough fluids.  She has also eaten like a kitten, and has no spare weight to lose.  We're going through the remnants of the summer icey's in the bottom of the freezer to add variety to the water and PowerAde.

Needless to say I have fallen short on my reverse advent.  I will do a good donation after Christmas as we sort through and put things away.  I'll have hubby add a bit more to our Family Service donation as well.  With me home from work for an extra week, we're putting a tankful less of gas in the car, and I am fortunate to have a lot of sick time accrued so not missing any salary, so we shouldn't feel a pinch in adding some more to the donation.

Due to my  lack of preparations, it doesn't look very Christmasy around here.  There are no presents wrapped under the tree.  In fact with the exceptions of lights, there's nothing on the tree as that was supposed to be done on December 7th, the day this yuck escalated. I didn't get cards sent, though I did order photo cards online, and they will become New Years version instead.  I have a couple Christmas dish towels hanging from my oven door and a few cinnamon scented candles out. I short changed DD#2 again on the Christmas village. Yet, I am determined to still feel Christmas inside.  When DD perks up after her latest nap we'll find a cheesy Hallmark movie and snuggle with some tea.  What flavor is good for finding your mojo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.