Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Minimalist Christmas Decorations By Chance

I do love a full on decorated Christmas house. I have bins upon bins of decorations accumulated through the years. I have an entire village of lighted houses, complete with coffee house and ice skating rink. This year however, due to schedules, another unfortunate flare up of RA, and quite frankly laziness, we have barely managed the tree up with lights, a wreath on the door, and a string of lights on the porch. I'll drag out a box of ornaments for the kids to put on Sunday when DS is home, and once a few gifts are wrapped, it will be lovely. I should be disappointed, but I actually am kind of liking the simplicity of it all. It is quiet, dark, and relaxing this morning, just me, and the soft lights from the tree (and computer) cup of tea in hand. I've had my last two Christmas' invaded by health issues.  This year, despite the flareup, I'm really quite well and have been able to enjoy outings and gatherings. Perhaps my body and mind are working together to tell me to just  relax this year, and enjoy the simple lovelies of the season.  




4 comments:

  1. Simple and less stress and chaos is an excellent way to experience the holiday season. Why have every Christmas be the same old, same old? Be present in the now and enjoy the one you are having. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, so that is why I am cutting myself some slack. While I like traditions, nothing is or should be the same as when I or my kids were little so need to enjoy that we all will be together for the first Christmas in three years.

      Delete
  2. Look after yourself.... Try not to get dragged into festive craziness if you're not feeling right. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. I'll enjoy the all school orchestra concert tonight, and the High School holiday choir concert on Saturday. We have tickets to a play on Sunday, but a whole lot of relaxing in between.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.