Sunday, March 27, 2016

Optimal Optimism


It's Easter morning, a day meant for promise and hope.  With that, and in the spirit of newly embraced optimism, I give you a few of my favorite quotes. These and many more can be found at www.goodreads.com.


"Be the change you want to see in the world." 
Mahatma Ghandi

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 
Dr. Seuss

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees 
the opportunity in every difficulty.”  
Winston S. Churchill

“Every day, you get the opportunity to change your life. Change what you 
do not want. Change what makes you unhappy.” 
 Rodolfo Costa

“There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.”  and “Well, you can go on looking forward," said Gandalf. "There may be many unexpected feasts ahead of you.” 
 J.R.R. Tolkien

“What day is it?
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.” 
 A.A. Milne

And last, but certainly not least, because I need to pay attention to this one. 

“Write it on your heart
that every day is the best day in the year.
He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day
who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Sam. I'm going to send that last one to my sister. She spends a lot of time in a state of anxiety. She is now berating me because lovejoy and I are still taking a trip on Eurostar with our mother. We are now going to Lille in France. Mum is delighted and happy to go as are we but my sister doesn't think we should go anywhere on Eurostar because of the recent terroist attacks in Brussels and Paris. She is anxious that London is next and the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras will be a target. We have compromised and will give Brussels a miss for now but she is not happy and thinks we are being irresponsible. Hope you having a fun and anxiety free Easter Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can appreciate the concern your sister has, but irresponsible is a very strong statement. I wrote ahead for the optimism post, my little secret to stay on track with blogging, but Easter, actually Easter eve, had a fair share of anxiety, but overall was a good day.I just have some thinking to do about how I focus on holidays. I hope your trip is wonderful and look forward to hearing more about it.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.