Monday, September 26, 2016

Yawning Through the Last Week of September

I had good intentions of doing a little picture taking after work tonight. While still more purging is needed, and the rooms behind the shut doors are scary, the place we live in the most are tidy after the party. It was a wonderful service and we had a nice time afterwards. Several no shows and a late conflict dropped my numbers. I sent DD1 home with leftovers that she likes and some ham for her BF who is not vegetarian. I froze two significant portions for meals later, plus 1/2 pan of cheesy potatoes, and a couple dozen dinner rolls. Th rest of the leftovers will be lunches this week. I heated up some wild rice soup tonight with veggies and some leftover rolls-easy. Still, I am physically and mentally drained and found myself dozing on the couch watching a couple YouTube vloggers. It dawned on me how much I actually accomplished in the last 10 days between housework and repair, party preparation, and work with a person down from our already lean team. 

My colleague and I held a 3:15 webinar session, late in the day so program administrators that also  have classroom time could participate. Me colleague spent the first 18 days of September traveling to or from and in Japan and Korea and is still fighting the impact of jet lag. I naturally couldn't let 1/2 a bottle of a delicious South African red wine left after the party go to waste, so I finished it as I cleaned up, making 5:00 a.m. seem even earlier. We were doing all we each could to not yawn, and get the other one started. By the time we wrapped up at 4:30, we were completely spent. 

I'm giving myself permission to be a bit lull tonight. I do have a load of laundry to fold, and will start another. DD2 has a late 8:30-10:00 show choir sectional, so I'll be running her up to school in about 10 minutes, but may flip a coin with DH on who will pick her up. I think I will listen to the debate rather than watch, but don't want to miss it. September will end with me being tired each day, I suspect, but I don't want my momentum to wain. Hopefully tomorrow I will get out and take some pictures, write a more interesting post, or edit some content for the web site. Tonight though, I will be zombie lie and push myself through the motions. Until later, bonne nuit.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you feel worn out I'm tired just reading everything you've been up to. I'm still away until 1st October so my last week of September is restful however when I get home it will be full on in preparation for my new granddaughters arrival. We are going to be looking after the two little ones during the labour and birth always fun lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When sleep overtake me, I'm done. New babies are a joy. Congratulations and enjoy the time with the little ones.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes all you can do is push and go through the motions, especially after knocking yourself out throwing a big dinner party ( I have been known to lock the doors to certain rooms I need to have closed from view)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad others understand -I felt like a sloth yesterday.

      Delete
  3. You have been in high gear for quite some time. It seems if I don't rest after working non-stop, I can do less than if I gave myself some down time. Rest and drink a bit!!!! You will get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure slept hard last night. I do need a fun night out soon though!

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.