Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Whirlwind

Being oh so very busy is not a mark of fortitude and perseverance or great character in my book. I get annoyed when I hear others are "just too busy to be doing that" in response to someone asking if they saw a  TV program or participated in an activity. At the risk of annoying myself, I've been too busy to blog the last couple days. Life is always a whirlwind the last few weeks before and start of the school year. This year is no different. If I comment less on other blogs or keep my words sparse, it is just that I am intentionally focusing elsewhere. I'm doing nothing glamorous or super important or mildly noteworthy-just the stuff of life, no more than anything other people have going on. I've decided I like a good nights sleep even with extra things in the evenings, so my online time will need to be on the smallish side. I'll be back for sure by Saturday when I can brew a whole pot of coffee and shoot the breeze with you all. Till then, remember what John Lennon said. Enjoy the rest of your week. 



8 comments:

  1. I love it when people intentionally focus elsewhere. I do it all the time and it is not because any of you are unimportant. I still read your blogs and enjoy them, but when life is happening and I am focusing on it, my personal blog and my words are not worth the time investment vs. the time I am focusing on other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying the whirlwind, but time is not unlimited, so picking for the moment where my energy should be. I'm behind on reading bogs too, but will catch up this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Get your focus on, girl! I'm heading to Portland today for a big relay with my family. Super excited. No internet, no responsibilities. Just a bunch of physical endurance to test myself. At the end, I'll be exhausted, but it will be a great chance to disconnect from politics & life generally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the lake cabin, I get no reception unless in a certain spot and then it is iffy. It forces me to not look at messages, Facebook, blogger, and just be there. good luck on the run.

      Delete
  3. Same here but I've not managed to refocus on blogging lol always something happening. At present I have a grown up daughter and two grandkids back living at home hopefully not for too long because as much as I adore them all it's not easy. This is why I love Instagram I can document snippets it's like an online journal quick easy and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures on Instagram say a thousand words, so if that works, what better way to express yourself. Yes, even though we love our families dearly, when changes happen to our life and routines, it can add additional stress. I hope you find balance of enjoying them with you, but also get your own space.

      Delete
  4. This is the time of year when I'm most grateful to be retired :) The busy-ness of getting ready for school is definitely not missed! My mother told me that when I was in elementary school I used to cry and the end of the school year because I loved school so much and indeed that's why I became a teacher but I can finally say I've had enough of school! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back this fine Saturday morning. For sure we will have 6 more school years, with the college years, but once she is done with undergrad college, I think my school days, even as an observer, will be done. While busy, I love the way the community seems to start fresh again in preparation for another year of school. I even bought myself a few new folders, a pencil sharpener, and a composition book. $3 and some pennies total, but I feel set.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.