- An unheard of pizza and salad lunch at work brightened Thursday. I made a wise choice to focus on salad and just a slice of veggie pizza. I skipped the brownies, cookies, and desert bars.I had packed a lunch, so saved for today.
- I needed a Wednesday night home after my long Tuesday, so declined subbing volleyball. I felt a little guilty, but I was supposed to be the last resort call, and she found someone. Saying no once in a while is very empowering.
- I made efforts to take pup on extra long, but at his exploratory pace, walks this week. Soon we will be dodging icy spots and I'll be more inclined to take him for a quick walk to do his business and a little play, and use the indoor walking options for my real exercise. Every day over 65 is a weather gift.
- Right now work is hectic and I'm feeling the results of trying to take on new duties while still having most of my former. I made solid efforts this week towards realigning my team which should ease stress. My boss also passed on that someone shared a huge compliment about my presentation Tuesday, in a room filled with the highest level executives in our agency. Her response was, that she knew my work was great and no one could have me. Appreciation goes a long way.
- Avoiding sugar, decreasing my simple carbs, increasing my fruit and vegetable and other plant based meals, and tiny increases in exercise have resulted in a 1.4 pound weight loss for the week. Total Weight loss since April 28th, is 15.4 pounds. Shout outs to my blogger friends who have reported their weight loss efforts this week. I've linked them below.
Cyber weight loss buddies include but not limited to
Rachel Living Better One Day at a Time
Anna Random Thoughts
Tracy Just Keep Swimming Mama fish
If I missed you and you want a shout out, leave your link in the comments.