Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday Treadmill

Oh Wednesday! It's not my  high amp, performing day as Thursday is, but it is my indicator that the weekend is on the horizon. I survived my Tuesday and now, I can use Wednesday to stay the course' keep moving forward. It really is the hump of the week days, isn't it. Yesterday was a whirlwind, starting my day picking up a company car by 7:00, driving three hours, presenting a workshop, listening to a key note speaker over lunch, then heading back. Another three hour drive, returned the car, drove 45 minutes home, took pup for a walk, then met DH and DD for a parent meeting at school. We ate dinner at 8:30-leftover chili and hot dogs. My stomach is not thanking me this morning. 

Back to Wednesday, and a pretty regular, normal day for me. I hope I do not get called to ref volleyball. Last week it was very late notice, but I still did it, earning a little extra cash. I might just not see the texts or hear the call today-really, they should know they need back up before the afternoon of the day, and arrange early. Teens don't think that way though; I know, I have one. We need a night with everyone home by 7:30, so if no VB, that should happen tonight. If not, I guess the treadmill will just be moving to a run.

10 comments:

  1. I think, after about noonish, I'd develop temporary text blindness and loose the phone. lolz
    Extra cash for a side gig is nice but downtime and home with family at a decent hour/having a meal together at home trumps a running treadmill. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a text, from the same girl that called last minute last week, and apparently has not shown up for a full night yet. I helped her reach out to one of four other subs, but decided, for $30, my mental health needed to be able to come home after work.

      Delete
  2. Hope for your sake that they don't call you for vb. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was asked, but learnign there are several others, I declined.

      Delete
  3. I go several places each week where my phone needs to be on silent. Fortuitously I often forget to turn it back on and have missed some calls/requests that I did not know about. Sometimes I even remember to forget to turn it back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may institute an "only available with two day notice." I was helping out a friend who at first had no refs let alone subs She now has 6 regular and five subs, so I should not be needed except as a last resort.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Anne! I usually forget to turn my phone sound back up and then I have a mini stroke in my pocket. or somewhere where I've lost it...
    Good luck! I hope you have a peaceful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been chaotic, but good. Phones shoudl not cause panic.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The work day was very unusual, and it just happened to be the same as a hectic personal night. Soon those nights will be no more so I can't complain.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.