Sunday, June 24, 2018

Anatomy of a Summer Cocktail

Oh the perfect summer nights call for a refreshing frozen cocktail. Here's my frozen vodka lemonade cocktail. 
1 can frozen lemonade
2 cans water 
1- 1 1/2 cans vodka
Freeze, scoop in glass and top with plain lemonade, water, or soda 

This is the perfect glass. I don't use these often enough; makes me feel like I'm in some hip cocktail bar instead of on my sorry back yard deck. These were a gift ages ago from whoever had my name for Christmas that year, a set of eight. 

We had two grad parties yesterday, but ample time to spend a relaxing evening later at home enjoying a perfect night. This was leftover frozen stuff from something awhile back, but sealed and froze it tasted darn good, chipped up and then diluted a touch with pink lemonade. 

I hate selfies, but here's the before, during, and after shot of my anticipation.



The glasses are temporary. I think I got what I paid for. Maybe I'll find some bling for the sides.  Your verdict?

15 comments:

  1. Nice cups! My favorite drinks are cold soda water and an icy black beer.

    It seems the 'Selfie Day' marked last week has highly contributed to people's awareness of the lovely self photo possibility. A blogger I follow has published about 15 selfies taken so far of her and husbands' smiling, happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are a little sweet so not too many for me. I love an ice cold beer, preferably tap in an icy mug but bottled will do. For non alcohol, ice tea please.

      Delete
  2. 1-1/2 cans of vodka? Is that a typo or does vodka actually come in a can now? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she means pour the vodka into the emptied frozen lemonade can to measure it out. lolz

      Delete
    2. Yes, Sluggy! It's to get roughly a 4-1 ratio once diluted or add more vodka!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the glasses!!! I don't drink, but I might make an exception for that - it looks REALLY good and refreshing on our 110 days!!!! I was wondering about the "cans" of vodka too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to be clearer next time. You can use these for Koolaid if you wanted.

      Delete
  4. It's so pretty. A perfect summer tipple!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheaper than a bar tab, that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness this looks perfect!
    I like the glasses but then I have some very similar ones and I kind of like getting my nerd on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loaned them to a friend who has a similar style but aqua blue. She sure had a festive party.

      Delete
  6. Lovely drink! ; lovely selfie !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone says this, but I really do not like how I look in pictures. I feel I look more stern and serious than I feel I really am.

      Delete
  7. Mmmmmm I am writing down this recipe - it's also very pretty to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I like wire-rimmed glasses for myself, it is hard for me to judge plastic. I like your Mona Lisa smile.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.