Thursday, August 30, 2018

Some Goals for September

I'm sure taking my time easing back into blogging. Thanks for reading anyway. As it's August 30th, my mind is looking ahead to the start of a new month. The start of the school year always seems like a new start of a year, so my mind forms around goal making this month as well. I'll be very pragmatic though, since I know I will be in a lazy  haze as we are sure to get a few more overly hot days, mixed with work craziness that coincides with the school year start. To keep myself motivated, I'll commit some goals, more a "to do" list for September here in the blog.

Financial
  • Reconcile August budget and vacation budget
  • Submit for several medical reimbursements to flex account

Organization
  • Sort pictures we want from trip, print those we want
  • Update home calendar with school year calendar
  • Purge summer clothes
  • Household and grocery pantry restock (while self challenging myself budget wise)

Household
  • Replace front door (this was on the long list, but a strong wind pulled the screen door ajar, and since the frame needs repair, we are moving this task forward)
  • Cook all loose fruit from freezer into jams


Family
  • Complete DD2's senior pictures-done by family and photographer friend
  • Host MIL for dinner

Social
  • Wednesday night with the Volleyball girls-twice
  • Out with couples friends
  • Sunday football at the lake-at least once

Self Investment
  • 12 extra long walks/hikes
  • Yoga 4-5 times per week
  • Register for October blogger conference
  • Work on book 10 hours
  • Work on new blog 10 hours

My list got longer than I intended. That is how my mind thinks in September. I'll connect on this in October and see how overly ambitious I really was. 

8 comments:

  1. September always seems like the beginning of a new year to me so I can get on board with your lengthy list. :) A lot of it is reconnecting with people and working the body towards fitness goals - very important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes back to my childhood. I lived in the country, so seeing friends other than through 4H was limited due to transportation costs and schedules, so reconnecting in the fall seems natural.

      Delete
  2. September is still hot here, so I don't move into fall mode and planning until October. Any clothes that I deem too summery to wear are going to Goodwill. I am carrying nothing over for next summer's wear.
    We are in full wedding mode now so that is where my interests and time is heading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will still have rounds of high 70's and some heat waves have been known in September. ON a cool day, I hope to do some big soup production.

      Delete
  3. Okay your ambition just crushed my soul... I think I need to go eat a doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an ambitious list, but don't get too envious until you see if I actually accomplish anything.

      Delete
  4. I also start back to 3 day a week blogging next week and my Sept list is equally long or longer. Much of is thinhs yo start that I'll follow next month or thinking ahead to holiday prep so like you I'm gonna run with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall goes to quickly to my liking. I hate the seasons being rushed, so I'm ignoring Halloween displays (not until October) and if I see anything Christmas, I'll close my eyes. that doesn't stop me picking up good gifts if I see them, but that is year round. I just have been less successful this past year.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.