Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Signs of Life

I'm still not ready with pictures and posts from vacation. Maybe it is a sign that I need to savor the memories a bit longer and take a really long time before I commit to computer. No, I'm just being lazy. I do sometimes think about coincidences or challenges as signs that maybe something is meant to be or not meant to be. Take for instance a scheduling challenge with DH's family on a get together for fall and winter birthdays. We all have conflicting weekends and weeknights seem to be equally difficult. In my head, it is a sign that we really can and should just forego these forced get together's. If you can't make something like that work over a few weeks, it really is not that much of a priority in life is it? We're all the way to the end of November without a time that works.

DD1 got the house apartment. She still needs to see it on the inside before committing, but she has first option now. She joined a local gym, one that has multiple branches and both in town and near her work. Was it a sign that the Friday guy was a no show, pushing her to this place which the listing just happened that same day? Probably just coincidences, but maybe.

I'm off to a frustrating week at work. The IT situation has now imploded and now it looks like we are going to get assigned a brand new developer, one that has not worked on our system ever, and is already three months behind in the job list. I see a sh&%&t show coming. I also have a coffee meeting with my friend and colleague N, but this time I have some issues that need to be tackled on her end that caused a lot of frustration for my team. We also as a wide group have less than 6 weeks to complete  a massive grant proposal and there are wide disagreements between partners on the work plan, strategies, and even outcomes. I'm just going to keep this in perspective and know this will pass.

I'm continuing my thrifty September, though life stuff is still present. I sent DD2 $18 for a group senior picture. We did end up getting her some new clothes, though layering deals and clearance, and the damage was pretty low. Yes, I did not just tell her to wear the glow from summer vacation, though I loved that line from Meg B in a past post. I will keep to just regular coffee this morning, despite going to a coffee house with an incredibly yummy flat white, and will pack my lunch. Saturday I need to pay J for DD2's pictures. Oh yeah-the last of the vacation expenses will be coming in the VISA bill, which is the whole point of a thrifty September ...and October, and November.

I guess my checkbook and bank account are signs of my life. 


4 comments:

  1. Yes those signs creep up on us and we all act like well where did that come from?.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little warnings to brace ourselves and prepare, I guess.

      Delete
  2. I feel for you on the work situation. It seems like somebody higher up makes a bad judgement call (i.e. screws up) then everyone else has to scramble like hell to pull it off. Glad your daughter got a place though - I just hope she likes the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many things wrong with this decision, and now it looks like we will be starting over, with the needed changes on the system in limbo. DD1 finally gets to see it Friday, and hopefully all will be as good inside as it is out.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.