Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Favorite Picture When Under the Weather

It's kind of dark. It was just snapped with my phone, but this was taken late afternoon in Brussells after we had a ridiculously long walk through street maintenance and detours on an 85 degree day, while pulling luggage over cobblestone sidewalks, to find our apartment. Lesson learned, do not totally trust Google Maps for walking times. This was followed by lugging our stuff up a narrow staircase to the third floor. Anyway, this was a quick snapshot to remind me that life is good, even when misadventures happen, and they end up being part of the story. The beer and soda never tasted quite as good. 

I have a steaming cold and body aches today and just  a general malaise. We've had storms a couple nights so I have not slept well thanks to pup and my knee is flaring up so much even sitting still it is throbbing. If ever a day called for a restart and to just call in sick, today would be one.  I have a 10:00 meeting that I need to be at and a couple calls that must be returned, and the ever blasted IT issue to figure out next steps. I will be going to work. Today already feels like it is going to be a two mile walk pulling suitcases over cobblestone in 85 degree heat kind of day. Yet, at the end of it, there is my home, and family, and cocktails. Cheers!. 

10 comments:

  1. I hope you fell better as the day goes on. Some days are a struggle and now you have a wonderful metaphor (hot cobblestone luggage lugging day) to use when struggle days happen. Plus you know there is some bliss at the end of the struggle. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will become family metaphor that can be our insider complaint. My week got better. I might have beaten the cold with lots of tea and rest.

      Delete
  2. Ugh: heat, walking, knee, cobblestone. I sympathize. That would be my nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt pretty miserable at the time. Our son had it the worse as his was not the four wheeled suitcase and his back pack was loaded with camera gear. Ahh-part of the memories.

      Delete
  3. Nothing is worse than having to go to work sick, but you are likely going because not going means much bigger headaches for you - I get it! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sipped tea most of the day and focused on what needed to get done. I think I pushed through the worst.

      Delete
  4. Crap, I hope you feel better soon. I feel like crap also but at least I don't have to go into work if I don't want to, well I do have to tell people why they can't have their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past week was a no staying in bed kind of week. I perked up as the day went on, so some times, sucking it up and getting on with life is the best course.

      Delete
  5. Oh poor you. Just the heat would do me in let alone the cobble stones. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence why we later splurged for Uber's! We made the same error in Germany, though that was more a misdirection thing-though it was still damn hot!

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.