Monday, October 15, 2018

Reposting From a Friends Blog-Better Words than I Have on Conquering Clutter

I get awfully familiar with you all in cyber space and refer to you that read my blogs or those whom blog and I read yours, as my friends. In my head, I am busy decluttering and creating space and calm in my home. In reality, it is more like rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship. I've been following Thrift Deluxe for a while and her struggles with clutter, creating space, letting unimportant things go, really resonates with me. Today, I'd like to just share a ink to her blog post. 

Nine to Five: Breathing Space sums up getting to a place I hope to get to. I particularly like how she talks about books, things that have no magical power unless we give them such, as a way to frame why it is OK to get rid of all sorts of things. Have a read. She's a wise lady.

8 comments:

  1. Books! Sigh. I was putting my daughter's room back together after installing a new floor while she is away and I had to deal with ALL her books. She has so many, even though she did a purge recently. She loves her books. Makes sense since she works in a library. I don't think she shares my minimalism ideals, but I tried to streamline things with some new open shelving that's not so heavy looking and the room feels more spacious, clean and calm now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her room turned out wonderful. Books when they are loved and there is a place are not clutter. We have so many without any meaning that they just collect dust.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and share my post. I have found it very hard to put into words how I feel about my "stuff", some people are so eloquent so I'm glad to have made sense to you, and to be classed as a blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better words than I could think of and it came at the right time. I have a whole house, inside and out that needs purging before I host a massive graduation party in June. I am overwhelmed with the thought.

      Delete
  3. I made a start on clearing the attic room yesterday, and already have a huge amount of stuff for the charity shops and some for the bin. I can't part with my childhood books though, and packed them carefully away into a sturdier box. I only have about 20 of them, but they were so very precious to me as a child that they are staying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your books sound like magic-real magic and if they are not controlling you like clutter controls me, no harm.

      Delete
  4. I liked her post very much and feel much better about letting go of the 35 pound bag of clothes I have sitting on the front porch waiting for the charity pick up. And that was just the warm weather duds. I am headed to the guest room closet to start bringing the fall/winter things down. Maybe I can beat the pick up and get rid of a few more things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was just clothes or just books. I am at the overwhelmed stage and don't know where to begin.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.