- I paired a $2 off 2 CVS brand feminine supplies with a buy on get one 50% off. Plus, I had $2 in CVS bucks. $1.23 for two packages, achieving 82% savings!
- We packed cheese meat, crackers and wine plus ice tea for the hotel room. It was mighty nice coming back to enjoy these after the long day. An old acquaintance from high school who we have since developed a new friendship as our daughters are friends, joined me before she had to resume chaperone duties. Shh-don't tell, but she had some wine-well deserved.
- Filled up in Iowa with gas at $1.82 a gallon.
- DD2 came over and helped me color my hair. It turned out pretty decent and so much easier with someone helping to make sure the coverage is adequate. I had bought the color last month for $6.79 after a $2.00 off coupon.
- I salvaged the remains of several things in the fridge close to going bad including cottage cheese in a lasagna, tow eggs for French toast and snack for pup, and a small bowl of chili and a few red potatoes for my lunch. Resist waste is my mantra in 2019.
I don't shop at CVS enough to rack up lots of deals, but I'm finding the store is a go to place for a few things that I can easily put together some frugal wins. I'm already to January 10th, nearly 1/3 of the month and I've only spent $72 on Household and Groceries, despite entering the week with just regular amounts of provisions. I'm not going to do a challenge, but I am curious how low I might be able to keep that discretionary line of my budget. Wouldn't under $300 start me on the right foot? I've got great cooperation with my family too, as we all share the same goal. I feel though I'm the one really owning the execution of our plan so these Thursday recaps are motivating.