Tuesday, August 20, 2019

It's Life this Week

I'm off work until Monday. I'm mixing a little bit of fun, pre-moving packing and admin, home and health admin, and just maybe a little relaxation. The weather has been my kind of summer. We've had sun and temperatures around 80 with low humidity, though today that's supposed to climb. I've noticed how dark it gets so early already. this is going to be a pretty random post but here's what the day looks like.

  • Pick up prescription
  • Take daughter to doctor
  • Schedule follow-up appointments for myself
  • Bank-need cash and to deposit a medical reimbursement check
  • Last cards to get mailed (still a couple we missed)
  • FINAL Target or Walmart run, Dollar store (fan and surge protector plus a few H&B items)
  • Help daughter get refrigerator cleaned up
  • Pack some items inside refrigerator
  • Empty trunk of car and inside garbage-measure trunk (we're debating which car to take Sunday
  • Take car for wash and vacuum
  • Laundry-home
  • Laundry-to set aside for packing
  • Dinner with daughters best friend and her mom, my friend

By the end of the night, I want my daughter only to have clothes she wears over the next few days to be left unpacked. tomorrow These seem like quick things, but everything about my life seems to get done at a snails pace lately. My daughter is very much in her own mode of doing things without any sense of urgency, then the stress will sink in and we are likely to get frustrated with each other. Not on the list will be much needed deck time, sitting with a coffee, a diet coke or iced tea, and trying to just chill. 

8 comments:

  1. It is the getting on each others nerves that allows you to actually separate. IF they didn't eventually drive us crazy we would never let them leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess she is truly ready to separate form us! She's at her last work shift right now.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great list for getting everything done. Here's hoping you get lots of deck/rest time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even close to getting everything done on the list, but we are making progress.

      Delete
  3. Make sure you allow yourself some chill time! (And a little space)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Teenagers have no sense of urgency I guess. So, it is not just your child. My BFF is sending her DD1 to Munich in Germany for a Master's Degree and DD2 to another city in Germany for College. Imagine that! I cannot even dare to call her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am picturing how crazy Saturday is going to be. I stopped by a friends for something forgotten there by my daughter-a useful jacket. They move their daughter on Thursday and have the same amount of chaos, and three fewer days.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.