Friday, September 6, 2019

Working For The Weekend

I made myself a frothy latte this morning.
     Last Friday was supposed to be my flex day but after being off four days the week before, I volunteered to be the manager in the office the Friday before a long weekend. That coupled with working on Monday, this week had "working for the weekend' written all over it. Today though will be my mostly off day. I was pretty bet last night after trivia on Wednesday that went a bit longer, up early to the office yesterday, and then went to help my cousin with her house. Her son got to come home! he is doing wonderful after the first nine days or so when things looked very scary. He will have months of OT and PT, but if things keep going well, he'll be back in school for second semester.  I went to bed before 10:00, slept hard, but woke up just as hard at 4:00 and couldn't fall back to sleep, so an early morning it is. The coffee maker is annoying pup, who has been quite lazy and was not happy being woke up.

     My brother is in town for a few weeks from Florida, scheduled long before hurricane preparedness. He has his 50th class reunion plus it's his birthday month. Even though I wanted September to be a low dining out month, no doubt with him here there will be more, not less. He wants to go out for a Friday fish fry tonight, and on the 15th, my sister arranged reservations for all of us and spouses and any adult children that want to come, to go to the supper club that was my parents favorite. It is usually a tradition either for their anniversary month in August or birthday month in November, but it works now just as well in September. Its old school supper club with the relish trays, baskets of breads and crackers, dark wood paneling, and servers and bartenders that are all some how related to the owners.

     But that's in a few weeks. Tomorrow is the last seasonal car show downtown. If it is nice, we'll probably head down for a wander after supper.  It was so hot back in June when we went, there were fewer cars on display. We usually see people we know and I'm guessing for the last night, it will be particularly busy on a nice late summer evening. I'll clean today and tomorrow while DH is working and hopefully tackle some bigger projects.  I probably have a couple hours worth of work-work though so will log in about 9, after I get some laundry started and I know people are in to respond to things I am sending. I have some soft tomatoes to cook up and think a nice pasta dish would be good. I haven't  overdone pasta for meals this week so could have that ready for when DH comes home tomorrow before going downtown. 

     DD1 is gone for the weekend. DD2 has a friend coming up because her family has a nearby wedding but maybe Sunday night we'll get to talk with her and DS, who has been a bit off grid lately. NFL starts, started, the regular season and DH likes his Vikings. Maybe we'll head to the lake to watch the game. Nothing is a have to, so nothing is locked in on the calendar. That feels weird. Enjoy your weekend. 

10 comments:

  1. A weekend without any formal commitments sounds amazing! Both kids have soccer this weekend, but that's it. I need to pack for Denver on Monday & clean the house, which is always fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took some photos at my daughters for some ongoing posts in September and then will keep plugging on some home projects I miss my kids, but I should get some stuff accomplished.

      Delete
  2. And great news about your cousin's son! Fantastic to hear that he's making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy about your cousins son, isn't it nice though to not have plans that are set in stone? My weekend will be like that and I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's WONDERFUL news about your cousin's son. It looked so bleak at the beginning didn't it and now look! Of course I'm sure he's got many months of physio/doctors' appointments ahead of him but still, wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a scary situation and as I said, so much it seemed like my SIL, so of course we couldn't rule out the worst. I am so happy for him and my cousins family.

      Delete
  5. Great to hear that your cousin's son is doing better. Wsihing the family all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you there was positive energy form all corners of the globe.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.