Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Not a Positively Tuesday

     So Much for Positivity Tuesday and a nice kick in the gut to go back to work after a log weekend. I checked my calendar and e-mail early as I knew I had an early off site meeting for coffee, but wanted to confirm start time. I made the mistake of clicking open an e-mail from someone else, sent at the end of yesterday, with a $580,000 problem. Mind you. this is after I spent months, since last May, figuring out an original $1,000,000 problem for said organization. I'll be spending today scouring all details and technicalities. I'll be looking under  toad stools and rocks for solutions. Ultimately, it is not m problem to resolve, and those with the error could just have to eat the loss. However,  not resolving it creates  a potential ripple effect of  issues that would roll back to impact my place of business. Sorry for the cloak and dagger vagueness, but I've probably written more than I should. 

     Well, on the good side of life, I think I actually slept decently. The vegan restaurant was delicious and I while not going on a regularly rotation, it is somewhere unique for my girls and I to go when we venture to the cities/ My laptop could not be saved though, which really bums me out since it was only 18 months old. I figure it cost me $15 a month to use. I'll hold off getting anything and keep borrowing DD2's for now. If she decides she needs at school, then DH and I might buy something a bit higher quality to share. I'm off to shower and meet my colleague for coffee, then in by 9:00 to solve the crisis. I hope your day starts and stays more positive than mine.

10 comments:

  1. Ack, that sounds awful! Fingers crossed that an easy solution is ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No easy solution and there will be some painful results most likely.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with solving your crisis. That's quite a "crisis" in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! While not mine specifically, I'll be the one holding the mop.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, government money I suppose.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was errors because the decision makers have really big egos and were trying to be very bold, and now really aren't accepting responsibility.

      Delete
  4. Ugh, that's quite the mistake to have to find. Sorry you have to deal with that.

    If you can go without a computer, it makes sense to give it a shot. I have to have mine for my job, and of course there's no one else's to borrow. But my boss is pretty good about replacing my laptops regularly on his dime. Unfortunately, this most recent one is a bit of a clunker, but since it was free to me, I guess I shouldn't complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a work computer so that is not a problem, and my daughter sis sitting not being used so will work for now. Fortunately, I didn't lose anything important as all is backed up.

      Delete
  5. At least you got a good night's sleep to work on problems. I would die if my laptop died that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am mostly to blame. I had a lot of old unneeded stuff and had repeat warnings that the updates couldn't work because of not enough memory. the updates on systems are important and I ignored. so, I'm not happy but it was under $300 with tax, so I guess you get what you pay for.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.