Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Positively Tuesday-Travel Bug

     Good morning readers. It is Tuesday, January 21st, even though in my head I keep thinking it is the 22nd. The four day weekend kept me more off kilter time and calendar wise than rested. I think due to both a persistent headache, not debilitating but there none the less, sniffles, and a bit of an irritable digestive track, I've not fully been myself. I'm hoping a good cup of coffee and apiece of toast will set me up better for the day. I'm bringing chicken noodle soup for my munch-a little comfort form home.

     I'm dropping DD1 off at work today and then will pick her up and take her to the airport. This will let her put in a full day at work, while still getting to the airport early enough for her comfort zone, not having to make a trip home between the two. The airport is perhaps 10 minutes or so closer to her work than home as well, so she will save a good 45 minutes. She first has a flight to California, then form there a quick transfer, and off she will be to the land of Kiwi's and Hobbits. New Zealand was is probably at the top of her travel list and a combination of a huge price cut on a group tour and low air fare, she decided to make a go of it. Since she rents right now, there isn't much she has to do home wise. We'll stop for her mail, mostly just junk mail anyway, and leave for her. She'll be gone well over two weeks.

     I'm excited for her and will live vicariously through her pictures and video once back. I'm sure she'll post along the way via Instagram or send me Facebook messages. I of course get the travel bug frequently. This will help me for a bit, knowing my kid is experiencing something she has always wanted to do. I've been looking at flash deals though on various travel sites Who knows? Maybe once she is back and if she has a free weekend and could watch pup, maybe I'll look at booking a spontaneous trip for the two of us. I just saw flights and four nights in Cancun for $216 a person.

     Right now, we don't have a spare $216 a person, but let's see how January fares. Oh wait, I know how it will fare, and not in the budget. I'll have to squash the travel bug with a movie, a book, or maybe a happy hour margarita. We'll have travel in our future again, until then, as I nurse my other minor maladies, I'll have to nurse my travel bug as well.

6 comments:

  1. I hate to get messed up calendar-wise. Her trip sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too-I like a rhythm to my weeks. I am happy for her-she will get some great film footage I am sure.

      Delete
  2. Just my two cents, but don't go to Cancun. We went about 20 years ago, and it was built up then, full of drunken young Americans and people hawking time-shares. You'd do better to stay stateside. The beaches of the panhandle are every bit as nice--nicer, even. If you want an all inclusive, try Dominican Republic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No interest really-it was just the price that caught my eye. We won't be going anywhere likely this year as too many unknowns financially.

      Delete
  3. Cancun. The best I tell you. They call it Paradise for a reason. My tan is fading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny-your response was opposite Meg B's. It doesn't matter, as we will be in sweet sweet Minnesota just thinking about warmth.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.