Yet another light week in terms of thrift. I stayed home-a lot and avoided spending by doing so. I walked a bit more this week due to the excessive heat breaking finally.I'm trying to think if I went anywhere since last Friday's Aldi shop? I did-I got sweet corn from a stand and today will finish it off. I went for a river walk on Sunday with the pup as well-so I did get out. Other areas of thrift in time, resources and money are below.
- On my nightly walks with pup, we've met an older neighbor with the cute little dog. When she see's pup, she must alert her owner who also comes out. We spend a few socially distanced minutes now most nights chatting while the dogs wag their tails and greet each other. As I mentioned yesterday, a small ray of sun during the staying at and working from home is I am actually getting to know neighbors.
- Sunday was actually coolish, if you were not directly in the sun for long periods of time. We did decide we needed another weekend away for possible contact with his brothers family, but I still wanted to get out, That was the river walk with pup I mentioned above. I brought water along so we could stop as he needed for more ammunition.
- I cut the kernels of the two pieces of leftover corn from Sundy, had some on Monday's dinner. There was still some left so I threw in with biscuit mix to have with the apple sausage balls last night. It wasn't great, but it didn't get wasted. HA dI not made the biscuits garlic and herb, it might have been better. What we don't eat for supper tonight will be cut and froze for soup.
- My neighbor gifted me a whole bunch of cucumbers which I wrote about yesterday. This could be under money as well as I didn't have to spend anything and I would have bought more cucumbers.
- I did another Mercury survey for another $5 Amazon credit. I will put towards either a planner or a step stool my daughter needs for college.