Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Last Positively Tuesday of 2020-Blogmas Day 29

   


      To say I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel frequently to find something positive to write about on Tuesday's was an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my life or suggesting there wasn't  joy and positive things even in the pandemic, but worthy to write about was a stretch. Long time readers might recall, or may not, why I even try a positive Tuesday post. It stems from my long standing disenfranchisement with this particular day of the week. Many people hate Mondays, but I never really have as I try and get in fresh start mindset on Sunday night and as I wake up Monday morning.  Weekends aside, Thursday has always been my busy and productive day at work, and I know if it is Wednesday, any slump I'm feeling washed away from me with the realization that I would have a little bit of R&R on the weekend. Further fuel to this angst, I have a personal history of some really bad things happening on Tuesday. It's like the start of the week is good, but then Tuesday comes to pull the rug out from under. 

     Yes, bad things happened on other days, but I seem to hold Tuesday responsible. It's a mind set thing, so I decided to also force a mindset to use Tuesday to think positively about life at least where the blog is concerned. So on the last Tuesday of a positively crappy year for most humans, what can I pull out of that barrel?



  • The snow is absolutely beautiful, since I do not having to drive in it! 
  • My daughter and nieces nonprofit business officially launched last Wednesday with the notice that their paperwork and fling was official.
  • She also received  decent financial bonus, which will be an added help towards purchasing a home in the coming year. 
  • DD2 had a very easy wisdom tooth extraction recovery. No one likes to see their loved ones miserable, and she bounced back quickly. 
  • DS seems healthy, if not incredibly bored. We (I didn't know of this option) used the video feature in Facebook messenger for just hanging out with him, and we even have a group so can keep doing so with all the kids when DD2 goes back to school. 
  • My nephews family had Covid  in the home at the end of November, and thankfully, neither my brother, who is back in treatment for cancer, nor sister-in-law got it. I'm happy my nephew and whole family quarantined when he learned he had an exposure, before he and his wife had their tests back, and continued to do so until the whole family was through the waiting period.
  • My daughters college extended the on-line viewing of the virtual concert through New Years day. I watched it again, getting a couple good glimpses of her masked up of course, at 29 and 47 minutes. 
  • My daughters and I watched the movie Soul on Disney last night. It was a sweet story-reminded me a bit of Mr. Holland's Opus in theme. Without giving away too much, it highlights the importance of just living life, whatever life, you have before you, and seems worthy of a Positively Tuesday mention.
  • I ventured out on a break yesterday and bought a bag of Cookies and Cream Twix mini. I did not know these existed, and for half price, I was blown away. I may have a new favorite, and I hope they are only a seasonal item to keep temptation away. 
  • I froze half the Oreo Truffle mix, but after giving the last batch away to my daughters bestie family, I made the other batch Sunday morning to take some to my MIL. I stuck some in the freezer for DD1 to take to work friends and for DD2 to bring, along with the fudge, to her  old roommate and dad. I love sharing the treats with people happy to get them.
  • The Poinsettia my MIL brought on Thanksgiving still looks lovely. I am not a good plant caretaker, but I think it might hold on through January as well.  
  • Christmas lights are still out and bright and likely through New Years Day since a weekend follows for taking them down. I'll leave my outside lights on potentially through January. I am one of those people.
     That was my list. There's of course the joys of Christmas and the warm feelings of the holiday spirit. The vaccine is here. I'm trying to focus on this rather than the ongoing discourse in the country. I'm taking a break from My Pantry and will share my thinking and hopes for 2021 tomorrow. Today I'll treat myself to a couple more of those Twix and a cup of tea, and embrace some positive on this last Tuesday of the year. 

16 comments:

  1. You found a ton of things to be positive about! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I really think, there is a lot to smile and be grateful for.

      Delete
  2. Great positivity! Those sound like some great things, and I think it does us good to think of the blessings.
    I don't have a day of the week that I struggle with, but it seems like the best things in my life happen on odd years and the worst during even years (loss of loved ones, illness etc). I will be glad to see the last of 2020.
    Wishing you and your family many blessings in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope our positive pattern in odd yeas takes hold in 2021-and you can extend it to the rest of us.

      Delete
  3. It's funny how certain days are tougher for some than others. Personally, I always found Sunday difficult, as it marks the end of the weekend, and start of the week-sort of a boding feeling. In fact, I find them much more difficult than Mondays. My Would-Be-College-Boy found Thursdays exhausting until attending college, of course, where there were no classes on Fridays. With COVID, I find that the days are a bit of a blend. Our school district allowed k-3 graders in a hybrid model, but extended remote learning 100% for the first two weeks following Christmas break in order to assure there is a proper quarantine period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe a lot of people experience Sunday night blues-I think I do a bit knowing the weekend is done. My daughter starts classes on 1/7 but first week will be all on-line for same reasons, giving a full two weeks from New Years Eve, and hoping more students defer coming back until the second weekend.

      Delete
  4. You know I am not fond of Tuesday's either. No particular reason, just a day to get through to get to Wednesday. But I loved your list of positive things. I need to be more positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't put a finger on it either, but jus breath deep when my Tuesday nights are done.

      Delete
  5. Such a positive post. Thank you, Sam. I like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fake it mantra does work a little bit at least to get out of a Tuesday mood.

      Delete
  6. What an inspirational way of thinking of things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you may give me more credit than I deserve-I just can get grumpy so using Tuesday to be more positive is a helpful mind trick

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I've written about these treat in early December. Crushed Oreo cookies combined wit crema cheese and vanilla, formed in balls, frozen, and then dipped in chocolate to make little bit size/2 bite truffle candy. This year I froze 1/2 the inside ganache like mix and didn't make it all up into balls and dipped.

      Delete
  8. I don't suppose you are familiar with the books by Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy"? in them they have an ongoing joke about everything that goes bad happens on Tuesdays. - including the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Several years ago, I kept a poinsettia looking good till May. Keep doing what your doing with yours. The one I had seemed to like the sunny midday window in the kitchen. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.