Wednesday, December 16, 2020

My Crazy Lazy Wednesday Pantry-Blogmas Day 16

      I'm in a Starbucks parking lot mooching free WIFI, tryin got get this updated. Pup is at the vet having a sedated grooming and a few other needed things, and not sure how long it will take. This vet is not near our home, so to go back and forth is nearly 90 minutes so I am being creative with a partial vacation day, partial working form my car day. Don't expect too much from this post, but thought I'd share a couple lazy treats mad eon Saturday.

     Chex Mix- I just followed the box-sort of. No Wheat Chex, no  Worcestershire sauce, but  an extra 2 TBS of butter (vegan), and  1 1/2 the garlic and onion powder called for for extra flavor. I didn't increase the  seasoning salt though. I used all vegan crackers-cauliflower cheese, and what thins from Crave, plus pretzels. Yum!





    Ridiculously easy fudge that I can't believe I never heard of before this year. Literally, 1 regular jar of Peanut butter and one  can of  chocolate frosting, melted, poured into a square pane with parchment paper criss crossed to pull out after chilling in the freezer. I'm not a huge fudge person, but I thought was tasty and so did DH. Another vegan option. Trick is to use the cheap PB-not the organic stuff that has the oil separate. We wouldn't want healthy would we?

    










 

     Rolo candy melted on pretzels-with or without (we're without people) a pecan after they melt. Literally unwrap a Rolo and bake at 250 for 6 minutes. Since I didn't use a pecan, I used  spoon to push down the meted chocolate and caramel. I chilled, then used icing gel and put a dot on each one, How festive. Do you think I took a final picture? No, of course not. 

     And...I shared the caramel corn yesterday. A few weeks back I talked about the Oreo Truffles and Mounds bars, and those were my final treats of Saturday. Other than pumpkin bread, I think I am done and now need to find people to take these off my hands. Are you an all out baker or a crazy lazy treat maker like I was this year?


 

18 comments:

  1. I have the ingredients, just need the time. I want to make Oreo truffles, orange drop cookies (DD’s boyfriend and family loved them!) and sugar cookies. Maybe your fudge recipe too, it sounds yummy. We’re supposed to get 10 inches of snow today so it would be the perfect day for all that but sadly I’m off to work. I’m terrified of driving in the snow and this is way more than I’ve ever driven in. I honestly don’t know how I’ll make it home. PA is anything but flat, little and big hills and valleys all over. When it snowed two weeks ago the roads were abysmal and I expect worse conditions tonight. I’m hoping we can close early. I’ll be shocked if we are even slightly busy, though we do have a virtual visit with our regional and district managers today. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope your drive was safe! We are watching the storm coming out east and wondering if it will head our way at some time.

      Delete
  2. The pretzels look fab. Years ago I dipped pretzels in white chocolate to make them look like skulls for Halloween. They tasted surprisingly good. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the large pretzel rods dipped in white and then little ye balls with get for eyes on a ghost! I'd like to see the skulls-clever.

      Delete
  3. I am neither right now...lol. I have never heard of these treats. And, I don't like those Chex mixes, but certainly like hearing about all these. I can salivate without calories being applied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disown you-not liking Chex Mix! I get it-if you don't like the cereal, the snack would not be appealing.

      Delete
  4. Hubs and I are debating on whether to make cookies this year. Of the 6 people coming for Xmas 1 doesn't eat sweets at all, Hubs and I don't eat many so that just leaves nephew, Ex-CB and his roommate. Perhaps I should ask those 3 20 somethings what they like best and just make their choices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I tired to do. We had cookies gifted to us, and I will gift back chocolate treats which I seem to make more of.

      Delete
  5. I love Chex mix so I need to make some of it, though I usually make a sriracha version because we lots hot stuff. I have never heard of the frosting fudge, but I will definitely be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had doubts on the fudge, but it worked. I am eating too much of the Chex Mix.

      Delete
  6. I would eat the whole of the chex mix, and that fudge is even easier than mine. Score! Love those rolo pretzel things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was super easy-I said lazy and I meant it.

      Delete
  7. Your treats look good! One of our neighbors gave us some treats and one was pretzels in this ziplock bag. I was eating some the other day and dh is like "why did she give us pretzels?" I said these aren't ordinary pretzels - they are "zingy"! LOL. They have garlic ranch seasoning on them, I think. They make your mouth go "wow" when you first bite, but then your mouth wants another one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My MIL used to make a seasoned popcorn, but not zingy. I think with pretzels it would be good.

      Delete
  8. It all looks so yummy! Other than making haystacks for the kids I'm skipping any other treats this year. I've put on too much weight and if they are here I'll eat them lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Martha. I think I have eaten four of my Mars bars since Sunday.

      Delete
  9. I've narrowed down my baking to two (new) cookies; Molasses and Mexican Wedding. wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molasses cookies are some of my favorite-I don't even try to make as our little local bakery has them, and they hit my sweet spot.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.