Sunday, March 21, 2021

Flip Flop Post

      No menu today-will do tomorrow instead. DH and I decided to drive to the lake, newspaper and stuff for the grill in hand. We’re watching college basketball and just enjoying a change of pace and scenery. While the high is supposed to be near 60F, being by the still ice filled lake and wind is chilly.

The lake has some open water, but still quite icy.

This parking area at the old grandparents/ shared cabin gets little sun so very icy.

This ice spot at bottom of the stairs is stubbornly holding on.

Brrr, but in a few months kayaks, paddle boards, and canoes will be part of the picture again.

     I found I had one little Pinot Grigio in the lower fridge I left last fall, so sipping on that. DH is now grilling butcher made bacon and cheddar burgers, with bakery buns, and deli potato salad. Can’t get much better than this for a Sunday in March. We’ll head home after the Wisconsin-Baylor game. 

     We almost had a Badger until DD2 changed her mind and decided her dream college (which was quite competitive to get in as an out of state reciprocity Minnesota applicant) was just too big. As it turned out, with COVID, she has had a much more collegiate experience at her college.  As few Big 10 schools in the Big Dance, we’ll root for Wisconsin.

      I’m doing this post by phone so excuse the choppiness. I’m going to get back to my day and hope your’s is a good one.



18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a good day and ended with my daughter coming over to walk the dog with me.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes "perfect days" just fall into your lap don't they! I'm sure your hubs enjoyed it as much as you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He suggested burgers on the grill at the lake instead of a picnic-with the wind, it was good call. I even used paper plates, and we took our garbage home, so left no footprint behind us.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous day at the lake! So happy you're getting the break & change of scenery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lake place looks like a fun place to cozy up in during the cold, early spring evenings. Are you able to stay there in the winter, or is it not a four-season place?

    I did a bit of grocery shopping today, and then made a nice roast beef dinner with homemade apple pie and homemade vanilla ice-cream for dessert. That's about all I can manage today, as I am still feeling the effects of one glass of wine too many last night. I'm staring at the fire, and will probably head to bed as soon as it seems reasonable to do so. Actually, I don't know if it was the wine, or the fact that I didn't eat at all before finally sitting down to have a glass of wine. I was going to start a quilt, but I'm just too tired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cabin is really a house, compete with heat, water etc. year round, but designed for multi family recreational use. The hardship for us to use in the winter is having the dog-nice weather, we're outside most of the time, but there's supposed to be a no dog in the house policy, though I think his brother and niece have pushed this rule. I have a bit of a sour stomach today-but I blame on eating too many potato chips instead of any dinner last night.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was a good day-perfect for what it was.

      Delete
  6. How wonderful, just to get away and someone else cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And really, all he did was slap the burgers on the grill-so no work for either of us. Well-I cleane dup the couple forks and spoons, and the grill turner!

      Delete
  7. What a great getaway! I know it did you both good to relax at the lake. I think I would stay there every chance that I could. Is it a long drive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT's less than an hour. It is a family cabin though, so not always peaceful like yesterday, especially when people would be inside.My husband goes up a lot on Thursdays, his day off, and putters about.

      Delete
  8. How lovely to have a little time away at the lake, it sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going for mini breaks-and they seem to help.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.