Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday and a Day Off

     I'll recap things this week either through Thrifty Thursday or Friday W's, but  with a day (sort of) off work today, and the kid back home, I haven't given thought to meal planning for yesterdays post, or a feeling good Monday post. Though I do feel good. I'm hopping on work  for a couple early meetings, then shutting off by 9:30, fingers crossed. I'd like to get caught up with blogs I read and comments I haven't responded to, so you my see me lurking around. I'm sure m daughter will sleep very late. Her sister kindly drove her car home yesterday as she was still exhausted form burning the midnight oil, and getting the final essays completed for her study abroad application.

     DH hurt his foot earlier in the week, and was dead beat tired when he pulled din at 4:30 yesterday, but insists he feels better today. If he can stay off his feet today and just sit at his desk, that should help. It would have been a really rough trip home without my older daughters help. She is a gem! The college kid needs to learn what she absolutely needs and the items she absolutely wants in her apartment and figure out what she can fit in her car, as hopefully, she'll only be there a semester.  

     Man, I can ramble. I guess this was a pretty long post for what was supposed to be a quick one. I hope your Monday is the start of a good week. 

11 comments:

  1. I don't know what he did to his foot, but if he did nothing and it hurts, Voltaren is otc. I was given the prescription for pain in foot that turned out to be age-related arthritis. I hate to hear "age-related"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking boys are a lot different than girls- GS drove himself home yesterday with all his possessions in his little Honda Civic. I don't think guys have nearly the 'stuff' girls do although he did have his saxophone and microwave. Sorry about your hubby- my sis is still healing from her humerus (shoulder to elbow bone)break last December 30th. It's slow going but she's done with PT now- she can do the exercises at home instead of her $30 co-pay 3 times a week. I bet you're thrilled to have DD home. GS started working today so no rest for him. He's got an apartment next year too. I'm actually baking 2 things I prepped earlier this morning- a zuchinni casserole and a rolled chicken cordon with goat cheese and prosciutto. Both smell delicious and of course, I'll be eating them for at least 2 more days heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about blogging or keeping up just enjoy having the kids home and take good care of the hubby. I hope his foot is feeling better soon. We'll all be here when you have more time. Have a great week Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your hubs is feeling better now. I think your feet and your back are just the worst for giving pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your day off, Sam. I am catching up on blogs today too.

    I hope you have god Monday too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to Monday and a day off, Sam! Ugh, I feel your husband's pain - I picked up Vizzini at 5:30am, and tweaked something in my lower back. Gah. I hate getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your daughter is home safely, and that was so sweet of your older daughter to help. I hope your hubby feels better. Take it a bit easy today. Sounds like an exhausting few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your husband's foot heals soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy 'rambles' they remind me of Joyce but yours is more entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing wrong with a good ramble :-) Sorry to hear about your husband's foot and hope it heals soon, which will obviously depend on him getting it some rest. I sprained my right index finger a while ago, but try not using that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers crossed that your husband's foot is ok soonx
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.