Saturday, May 1, 2021

Saturday and a Big "To Do" List

 


   It's early but my list of what I want to get done is growing in my head. I woke up with a flood of texts from my daughter about help with two missing pieces she needed for her study abroad application. She was exhausted staying up all week cramming for finals and completing final projects and didn't realize today is May 1. It'll take me 10 minutes to help her, so wish she thought of it yesterday and not 2:00 a.m. this morning as neither are big deals and she'd have not had the panic.

     I noticed my vaccuum hose had popped off the back. When attaching, apparently a piece was broke on connector. I'll need to do a duct tape repair. It's on its last life. The rotating roller that holds belt is held with a make shift washer DH MacGyver'd at Thanksgiving, so already squeezed six more months of life from it. We are hard on vaccuums. We're hard on a lot of things. A top to bottom vaccuum though after dusting and sweeping is on the top of my list, so need it to hold up. Shopping for a new one is not part of my plans for today. So much for my earned gift card being fun money.

     I'd like to share the survey/focus group experience but can't because I signed that I would not. I'll share that it was interesting, and a different process than I might have thought. I like knowing a bit more of the inside thoughts of how marketing happens. If you get an opportunity, worth the time at least once for the experience. 

     Days are sure getting longer-it's nice and sunny soon after I wake rather than the dark of winter. I want to feel more energized and will once this house is clean. Great day to have windows open and bedding washed and drying on the line. The party isn't until 7 so even with a quick grocery run and making the appetizer, I have no excuses. We won't stay long as DH wants to be on the road by 6:00 a.m. to get the college kid moved home. Time now for coffee. I'm doing pour over as neither coffee maker is functioning. It tastes really good though and may just keep doing this for the time being. I hope your weekend is filled with sun.

21 comments:

  1. I need to dust, vacuum and mop too but the cleaning of the balcony took longer than expected and I am so tired. Those glass panels haven't been cleaned in almost a year now. So, I had to wash them twice and still I am not satisfied with the result. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windows are on May's list for sure. We've had so much rain, I thought I would wait.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your growing to do list Sam. I'm dealing with paperwork today. I'll come clean your house if you'll come do my paperwork! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I made a dent, but not that much progress. Little b little.

      Delete
    2. Oh I’d way rather clean than do paperwork!!! Even toilets!

      Delete
  3. The sun energizes me and makes any day better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was a bit cooler though-I really worked up a sweat!

      Delete
  4. I just finished cleaning upstairs and downstairs and it really lifts morale doesn't it (although I'm not sure my son will even notice)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have coffee corner in my kitchen-needed to be done and it looks so much better. Living room and dining room did-until my daughters stuff took over. We are tackling today.

      Delete
  5. I cleaned and painted all the woodwork and doors in the hall and kitchen last week. To me, they look so much better...I'm not sure the rest of the household can see the difference like I can!
    I hope you have a good trip to move DD2 back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go with to move her back but husband and daughter did and it was successful. Paint makes things so fresh.

      Delete
  6. Hope your daughter has a safe trip home, and I know she will be glad to be done with classes.
    My son graduated college this weekend, and he was a bit stressed trying to get everything finished in time.
    Yay for your husband fixing the vaccuum. Hope you have a great time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to him! How exciting. My husband said it was kind of fun seeing all the graduate sin cap and gowns yesterday. They did a socially distanced and streamed graduation but families were getting outside pictures-so happy for them that they at least had that.

      Delete
  7. Mom to the rescue, such a good feeling for Daughter. I got a new vacuum cleaner back in December. My Mr Fixit was not able to fix the one that stopped working. A benefit fundraiser for a cancer patient & fishing is what we're doing this weekend. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fix-it for the moment worked, and I got the vacuuming done I needed. I'll keep making due as I really lie this vacuum-it clean really well. Shark brand.

      Delete
  8. I've been doing laundry today too. It's been beautiful weather wise this weekend. I'm glad you daughter was able to get what she needed from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT was not more than 8 minutes form making a photo, to a PDF of the payment doc, and getting both uploaded. She needs to learn to pace her time much better.

      Delete
  9. My favorite tool for cleaning rugs and upholstery is a wire bristle brush medium strength; it cleans everything. I can attach a handle to it so, I don't have to bend down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should look at that for my rungs and upholstery, though I do like this vacuum.

      Delete
  10. Haha, we pay cleaners to do our vacuuming! I loathe doing it. Isn't it wonderful to have light well into the evenings now? The sun is fully down here by 9pm and it's just lovely to have those golden rays. Have a good week, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to slow down my reading as my first read on your first line is:
    It's early but my list of what I want to get done is grow a beard

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.