Sunday, November 21, 2021

Menu in a Holiday Week

     

CDC.gov


     We ate again this week. It's become a habit. 
Last week was filed with chicken and more chicken thanks to a rotisserie version. Meal planning is just knowing options at this point. Here's what we ate:

  • Sunday- Happy Hour leftovers, plus sandwich with rotisserie chicken
  • Monday- Chicken and a brown rice/ quinoa side
  • Tuesday- More odds and end leftovers then I finally cut up and froze part of the chicken
  • Wednesday- Tacos and Spanish rice
  • Thursday-Chicken, rice, broccoli and cheese hotdish
  • Friday- crockpot pizza hotdish
  • Saturday- Went out for pizza
     Today we'll eat leftovers  but I am going to do a cottage pie  for supper and Trader Joe's Mac and cheese for my daughter. I intentionally want leftovers for Monday and Tuesday since I am in the office. The college kid will be home sometime Tuesday night. We'll of course have the big meal Thursday, but the rest of the week will be easy.
  • Leftovers/ freezer finds- a few times
  • Chicken stir fry 
  • Fried rice and egg rolls/dumplings
  • Cheese ravioli
  • Tuna Tetrazzini
  • Sloppy Joe's
  • Spaghetti Bolognese
  • More leftovers
     I will need egg rolls if we want, but we do have dumplings. I'm hoping I have some leftover Thanksgiving sides for Friday and Saturday too. I'll do loads. This will be my week to transition from fall to winter, Thanksgiving to Christmas prep so easy is the name of the game.
      

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you - we're going with easy options, ahead of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals sound delicious, Sam. Especially the tacos and crockpot pizza. Yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m working on a grocery list right now, despite my best efforts to not need to shop this week. I’m going to make beef stroganoff today and some pumpkin Whoopie pies, Alfredo tomorrow, taco Tuesday and then probably just McDonald’s on Wednesday which seems to have become a tradition. Thanksgiving at my dads. I honestly don’t know when we’ll have our turkey. We probably should have planned it for today since my work schedule is bananas for Black Friday weekend. College boyfriend goes back to school Sunday so we might end up having our dinner Saturday evening….we’ll figure it out, I guess! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have gotten into the habit of eating, too. We will have lots of chicken or turkey before Thanksgiving, but not the rest of the special meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy reading your meal plans; they seem to give me an odd comfort as they are comfortable foods, for me.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.