Friday, December 10, 2021

Blogmas Day 10-Lists and Links!

     


     We are preparing for the first really good winter snow fall for the season expected to start late morning to midday. My older daughter has friends for the weekend, and they came late last night bringing board games and she did a shop earlier in the week for provisions for them to have a good old fashion tuck December tuck in. My younger daughter, after they did a second performance last night, were loaded and bac on coach busses for their 3 1/2 hour drive north (four+ for us) so will be safely back before the snow starts there, but I think the northern half f the state is expected to get less than the metro and south. If she needs food and stuff, she can eat on campus, or walk a  few blocks to either a Walgreens or a grocery store if they don't want to move cars. Her acapella is scheduled to do a few performances over the weekend so I'm hoping her roads are clear before they traipse all over the northland. Ds texted during the Vikings game last night-we were home to still see much of the second half, fully prepared that the defense was going to crash and burn and blow their 29 point lead. they tired! the game ended 36-28, Vikings for the win-sorry Joann. This week the Steelers were the worst of the two disappointing teams. DH has t go to work, but I'm guessing they'll spend more time moving the few cars around and plowing than actually doing any sales. 

     That leaves me! With knocking off a few hours early to dress like a human going out for the night, pic up people, and brave rush hour traffic to get to the concert on time, I need to  play catch-up this morning and I have a few meetings. Now that my commute is 10 steps to my office, I save valuable time previously spent in commuter hell on days like this. If it is slow this afternoon, as it's supposed to be my day off, I'll get  started on my Saturday list-the laundry, regular cleaning, and the decorations finalized.  The mammoth job will be to clean both the refrigerator and freezer thoroughly, the crevices of the kitchen, and the stove-even pulling out and getting the sides for those pesky spills that might not have been caught. But hey-I have all day Saturday too. I need to get cards addressed and ready to mail (Anna in France, I think yours's may end up being a New Year's card!). I need to finalize my  gift list-make sure I have not forgotten anyone, and list the items still needed, and start wrapping. I probably sound like I am overwhelmed, but I'm not this year. It is my weekend though to also binge some YouTube streaming and a holiday classic or two. 

If this weekend plan sounds like your cup of tea, here's a few places to go for a little help. 

Are you not sure what's available to watch and on what platform? Real Simple provided this link to help plan your Christmas viewing list. Where to stream your favorite holiday shows and movies

Are you looking for more sustainable ways to  wrap your gifts this year? Eco-watch has you covered with 12 Eco-Friendly Gift Wrapping ideas. 

Good Housekeeping has an abundance of tips to deep clean my kitchen

And while I address those cards, I even found tips to write a nice but not  vomit inducing Christmas or New Years letter. How to Write a Non-Braggy Christmas Letter-It is possible! 

     As we are 1/3 of the way to December and officially on the two week countdown to Christmas Eve, mostly I'm trying to convince myself to not sweat the small details. I want to enjoy, but its just fine to get a few tips and help to also get the kind of holiday I want to have and give to others. . 

10 comments:

  1. Our weather has been like a roller coaster. We did have flurries one day this week but today is a high in the 60's with a cold front coming in tonight after possible storms.
    My baking plans this weekend include making walnut chocolate chip cookies, pecan tassies and sugar cookies for the freezer. Next weekend I will decorate the sugar cookies and make Mexican wedding cookies and get all of them packaged for delivery.
    I just love this time of year.
    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your baking sounds scrumptious! I'm just chilled after walking the dog forever! He loves the snow so was more interested in playing than pooping. Tomorrow will be massively productive. Tonight, mildly.

      Delete
  2. While you will be getting beautiful snow, we will be getting rain. Supposedly it will be cold rain by tomorrow. I had rather have snow since the entire town shuts down and we could have soup and watch movies at home.
    I have my card duty on my list for this morning. Gotta make that a priority!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to buy more cards too. That's on my list. I'll be exhausted by the end of the weekend.

      Delete
  3. It's on days like that that you must be so grateful to be able to work from home! They were HELL, those snow day commutes! And don't worry about the Christmas card - it'll be nice to have something to open in the new year (although I'm pretty sure I wished a couple of people a happy 2021!!!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely happy to leave my car sit today. I'll make sure your card is a good one.

      Delete
  4. Haha, those stinky old Steelers are a mess! I only watched the first half and gave up. I have more important football on my mind today-our high school team has made it to the state championship for the first time ever! It’s so exciting, win or lose, everyone is so proud of them! We have very different weather here. It’s warm today with storms and a wind advisory for tomorrow and no snow in the forecast. More than fine for me! I work all weekend so have no time to button up any Christmas things. We might go to the zoo tonight if the rain holds off. Otherwise I need to get some groceries, use up some kohl’s cash and write out a few cards, one to be mailed and one hand delivered. I should probably make a list of what needs to be done. Enjoy your snow. I will admire from afar ;) JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to your High School. My nephew's team just win MN big schools.

      Delete
  5. Well, I can certainly write a non braggy Christmas card. Even though I went to Alaska and Hawaii this year, the deaths in this family have negated all the bragging. NOw get busy you, and come pull out my stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine stuck a bit! I hope by Sunday my house looks as cute as yours.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.