I was in a spy game kind of mood the last few nights. Friday was Munich, Edge of War, a fictional account of two Oxford College classmates, one German, one English, trying to foil the Chamberlain agreement who historian's argue set Hitler up to move his agression to take over Europe forward. The other weekend watch was Official Secrets, about British Intelligence whistle blower Katherine Gun. In 2003, she was tried to stop the Iraq war when classified information comes her way putting her in a position to leek to the press US pressure on the UK to sanction the war, despite UN opposition. The second was based on real events. Both worth a watch. Official Secrets gave DS and I a topic of chat conversation. He's on a set in Arizona again for a few weeks, so has downtime in his hotel at end of his long work days.
We ate again this week. Funny how that keeps happening. Nothing exciting, and a lot of leftovers which we both ate for lunches and Friday supper. It did clean them all up though so I go into the new week with a fresh start.
- Sunday: Applebee's car side to go. I got the Fiesta Lime chicken and DH got the Cheeseburger and Fries. We got boneless wings with the Chile sauce- yum. I had 1/2 mine for Monday lunch
- Monday: Crockpot pasta primavera- used rigatoni
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday
- Wednesday: Chicken, broccoli,
ricepasta and cheese hotdish
- Thursday: Hamburgers and tator tots
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Decided not to eat out as DH wanted to watch the Packer- 49ers game so I ended up making a couple chicken fillets on the two remaining ciabatta buns we used for burgers and garlic toast the previous nights. I topped with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mozzarella and they were delicious. We had more tots from the air fryer.
- Monday: Pork loin, homemade applesauce, roasted potatoes
- Tuesday: Turkey meatloaf and rice pilaf
- Wednesday: Grilled chicken wraps and salad
- Thursday: Tomato pepper soup and grilled cheese (This might be homemade or could be just Trader Joe's)
- Friday: Pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, coleslaw, baked beans
- Saturday: Patty Melts and pasta salad