Wednesday, September 21, 2022

My Wednesday Pantry- Good Food, Stinker Game

      In fine and normal fashion, the Minnesota Vikings stunk up Monday night. As well as Philadelphia played, our guys beat on themselves with dropped passes, interceptions, misplaced D, and blowing two major opportunities after turnovers to score. Maybe they got cocky after beating Green Bay. Maybe the new coach needs to settle down and see al his players. Do any of you care? Probably not. I can say, the game food was terrific. 

     DH saw a recipe to cost chicken wings in egg and garlic, top with parmesan, and cook in air fryer. I defrosted earlier, but then baked the drummies, as opposed to actual wings. They turned out crispy and juicy. Picture of leftovers. 


     I had thawed a petite fillet Sunday for DH but he wasn't feeling it. Our local has beef bites that are pretty tasty, so I tried replicating. I marinated the steak, then cut in cubes. I seared on both sides of a grill pan, followed by a good rest to  on the still warm pan and they were perfect. I ate two, maybe an ounce worth, and left the rest for DH. It was only a five ounce fillet, so not much. No picture as he devoured. I was quite pleased with myself as I rarely cook red meat, and least of all, steak. 

     We nibbled on cucumbers too, and a tube of crescent rolls with a pepperoni and small piece of string cheese as all needed using up. All and all, a successful game night spread. Maybe I should try and fuel the boys in purple before next game. 



14 comments:

  1. Your game day food sounds fantastic! Sorry the Vikings didn't have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My it was a horrible game. They almost always stink against Philadelphia.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to have a go at those chicken wings - I love my air fryer too as it's so practical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had ours now nearly three years. When we replace, I'll get a bigger one with more racks than basket. Fir just two people it's so efficient.

      Delete
  3. I cut up steak and beef roasts all the time and make bite size steak and everyone loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why I haven't before was the question. Oh they were tasty.

      Delete
  4. We watched the game Monday night. I was a little surprised at the outcome. The two interceptions in the red zone were game killers.
    Your game munchies sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pitiful. The Philly defense just had our numbers.

      Delete
  5. Air fryers are becoming popular here too. They use up less energy too which is a bonus when the impending hikes in prices really take hold. I'm not looking forward to the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is just a basket type but when I replace, I'll get a bigger version.

      Delete
  6. I have an air fryer that won't work because the door won't close. I want one with rack but, I have no idea where we would put it! I always ask Tommy about something special for the game and he turns me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not good when appliances won't work. DH likes his pub type foods.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.