Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Positively Tuesday-A Little Each Day

      I'm trying something new and doing an entry at the end of the day to track my little bits of positivity. When I normally write, I'm stuck some days thinking through the highlights that made me smile. Here's my running log of simple pleasures and other bright spots in a world that needs us all to find those little bits each day. I had forgotten this picture last week. The swans were out in full on the lake. I only stood in the deck to get a picture so it's not the best, but it was cool to see so many.


Tuesday: The dogs did ok, considering I had to keep puppy upstairs. I worked partially from the dining room. I'm not going to lie-its going to be a long two weeks ( but as I'm about to publish this, we're down to last four days of low activity, and can do light walks). Pup still likes his walks by the pond to see the ducks. 

Wednesday: Not feeling up to going out, the cough is relentless, plus with puppy recuperating, I just joined trivia remotely. I got a couple answers right to help the cause, and the team finished second. 

Thursday: The cough that started earlier was wretched. But, I managed a full work day and had a calm relaxing evening. My daughter lost power- her whole village did for a couple hours, but she was able to download a movie prior to it going down and kept me informed when it went back on. 

Friday: Having the day off, despite a miserable cold was well needed. I even got a few things done like the refrigerator cleaned out. My daughter came over late afternoon and I enjoyed her company. 

Saturday: It was cold but my daughter and I got out to run a few errands. I was glad to get a package sent to my son. I tucked into my book for Monday and am enjoying it so far. My daughter made chili and there's plenty for another meal. She also made guacamole, and that was so good!  All of us were tired so no board game, but a little TV watching. Dull I know but when fighting colds, rest was needed. 

Sunday: I thought I was feeling better, but took another lousy turn. Fortunately there were plenty of leftovers so no cooking, and my daughter made my oatmeal, peanut butter, choclate chip cookies. We baked a dozen then frozen balls of dough in two packages of 14 each. I sent one bag home with her. The Vikings won in overtime and my daughter called from Spain. 

Monday: This darn cough will not surrender. It made for a tough work day, but I charged through. Book club by Zoom was fun, but I will say, I'm hoping we can do in person soon. The Zoom is as much for schedules as health concerns, though there's one women that has a lot of health issues and she rarely leaves her large hobby farm. I am pleased I didn't have to drive to work as word was the snow made roads pretty slick. It was light snow, and I'm hopeful we'll get another few days of sun and above freezing to melt it. I had the dogs out while I shoveled, needed fresh air for all of us. 

It's pretty, but not ready for winter yet!

     Today we can do light walks with the puppy so can begin to re-norm again. I'm happy for that. I've missed the walking, not that I couldn't without him, but having to makes me more disciplined. Today he needs to sleep in his kennel for his naps. He got over tired, bored, and quite naughty by end of work day, then again evening for DH. Getting back to what had become our routine is needed. It's hard for me to work without a double screen, though I made due. I spent a few minutes when he ate early tidying up my desk. I'm going to use my lunch break to put the dining room back to a dining room and not makeshift office. We still need him to not run up and down steps, but guiding him to my office while awake will work, with plenty of sniffy breaks outside. I need those too to get fresh air and feel whatever sun might peek out. 

     There's still a lot of heavy stuff at work and life. I'm not feeling my best mentally or physically, but I'm toughening up. I'm just trying to make good things happen when I can and notice bright spots, no matter how small. What positives highlighted your week? 

20 comments:

  1. I'm seeing hope in my work life with a high level position being taken over by someone that can actually do the job and a very nice raise that I didn't know I was getting. Hope you see some type of improvement in yours soon. Balancing work/life should be much simpler than it is sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the change at work happens for you. Balance is tough.

      Delete
  2. Our favourite charity volunteer must have the same horrid viral strain as you, she admitted defeat when we were in the shop this morning and went home., She says she's been struggling for a fortnight - get well soon!
    Your snow looks a lot prettier than our non-stop grey skies, mirk and torrential rain. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got a lot of this at work. A lot of silent microphones.

      Delete
  3. Gosh that cough is hanging around isn't it! A few years ago my neighbour told me to take a white turnip (I hope that's what you call it in the US) - the pink and white round balls - hollow out the centre and fill it with what we call sucre candi (you know, the brown chunks of sugar you sometimes get on a stick to stir your coffee with). Leave it for a while and syphon off the juice and drink it. It sounds daft but it works for me (I made some last week) and it tastes great. Just a suggestion - hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems complicated but I might give it a try!

      Delete
  4. I have functioning email again at work, that's the highlight of my week so far, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, its lousy to be under the weather and having to carry heavy loads, both physical and metaphorical. Get healthy and strong soon.
    My bright highlight for the week is I managed to source some slightly cheaper priced timber for a new deck. Hopefully that will save me a good couple of hundred. Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deck timber is great. We need to pull ours down, then we think we're going with a patio.

      Delete
  6. I hate having a cough and you have had this for so long. I feel so bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you’re feeling better soon, I hate when things linger and you can’t seem to shake them. I was quite pleased with PA’s election results on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday I spent the day with my dad. My big news is that we broke down and got a bunny. He’s a cute little cuddly guy so he’s my joy since Saturday. Bonus-DD FaceTimes more often to see him. I had an early day at work yesterday and tackled some of my extensive to-do list afterwards, knocked out the last of my thanksgiving groceries and started some Christmas shopping. Had lunch with my moms today, lovely as always. It’s a snowy, festive feeling day so I put up my small Christmas tree. Pretty peaceful week in my neck of the woods. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the bunny. I got to say I'm pet tapped out!

      Delete
  8. Work has been dreadful. I have turned to reading blogs for entertainment. Hope you get completely well soon! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  9. Border Collies need lots of exercise and a job to do to be happy. Maybe he can soon get more strenuous exercise. Has he started herding you yet? That is so cute!
    Highlights-reading A Dog's Purpose, finding there is another book to follow it, getting my red, glass, Kiss candy dish, watching Lynda's dog in her yard, not getting sicker!, finding bulbs I wanted, rereading some of the things my children did as babies and toddlers, seeing birds outside, ordering beautiful and warm sheets on sale, and using a gc, eating chocolate chip cookies. Finally tasting Whataburger...lol. Learning new things, watching PBS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does. We do training work through the day for a job. He has his bear to round up, and he loves his bones.

      Delete
  10. I am hoping you feel much better this week. I also hope your work week goes smoother than you expect!
    Keeping up with the joys in life helps my attitude, and sometimes they are just tiny joys, but small ones count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha on work. I'll pretend it's smoother. I want to be well. Yes, I need to appreciate the joys.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.