Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Things I probably Took for Granted Today

I am so glad my ornery spell has passed and I am hopefully on to a more sunny disposition.  The weather can't hurt as summer has found it's way to  Minnesota again-the perfect kind of summer heat and not a lot of humidity so everyone is just a bit more pleasant. Well, except for perhaps Minnesota Vikings football fans.  My husband hadn't said anything at all this morning as he was waking up but his first words, and I quote, "The Vikings really stunk it up last night."  They started the season with a 20-3 loss. Ouch! However, that is a good place to start my list of things I probably took for granted today.

1. The biggest item of discontent in DH's life, causing a sleepless night, is that his football team lost the season opener.

2. I needed a stretch break mid day and wandered into Target and found a 3 pound container of organic grapes for $6.00.  These were big and juicy, and created a welcome treat in the department. Mint Milano cookies were on sale for $2.59. I have a readily accessible and affordable abundance of both healthy, and special treats  a short walk away.

3. A longer day than usual plus a cross country meet  and a violin lesson later left both DD#2 and I hungry and tired. Meatballs, jarred pasta sauce, and a loaf of french bread in the freezer meant a nutritious meal was ready in fifteen minutes.If I had restrictions, I probably could go without entering a grocery store for a month and my family would still have access to more food than half the world's population already in my home. .

4. DD#2 has a jam packed schedule today plus  has homework in Language Arts, math, and Spanish. She also attends one of the best high schools in the state, public and free with endless opportunities for low cost extra curricular activities.

5. Road construction continues every where, making a long commute longer. However, my crossing bodies of water a minimum of six times today was done on safe bridges, in a safe vehicle, and not in an overcrowded unsafe boat driven by a shameless smuggler. 

6. It is late and I am feeling my eyelids incredibly droopy as I type this post. I'm tired from a full day of gainful employment, at a job and with people I like, and the opportunity to take care of my families needs and many of our wants.  I get to do the same thing tomorrow.

This was my day today.  No detail was extraordinary. But perhaps because my day was so routine, makes it extraordinary. 


3 comments:

  1. That's better, Sam! Amen especially to number 5. Perspective helps,doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah- I got your comment back! Looking at things in a new perspective does help frame negatives into opportunities and benefits, doesn't it.

      Delete
  2. I like number one a lot.
    It is kind of nice just thinking, "yeah my closest loved one is most annoyed right now by a sporting event." There are so many, oh endless lists and lists of bad that could be. I'll take a not-doing-so-good sporting team as the culprit for discontent any time (although I have to say that figuratively as my husband has less than zero interest in sports).

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.