Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Packed Lunch

With every fast food place advertising super value meals, mine was perhaps not the most economical lunch. It was tasty, healthy-ish, and filling. The salad is a three bean salad, with a can of tomatoes, can of chick peas, 1/2 a leftover cucumber, and olives, getting four ample servings at less than $1.00 each, plus an $ .80 yogurt, and a couple clementines. cost--perhaps $2.20 for the whole lunch, not at all a budget breaker. The peach was actually eaten with my packet of oatmeal at my desk to start the work day. I skipped the pasta this time, swapping for the canned 3 bean salad to keep the simple carbs at bay. I drained everything and made my own balsamic vinaigrette binder, so less sodium than had I left the juices. I'm pushing myself to get out of lunch ruts, take the time to enjoy my meals, and hopefully shed a few pounds during the work day. What have you been eating for lunch?

7 comments:

  1. I eat leftovers every single day, except for the rare occasion I eat out with friends. My lunch is generally a bite of this and 2 bites of that, never what I want, but I eat it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning leftovers for Wednesday, so have resisted and am making this stretch, but I'm usually a leftovers for lunch fan as well.

      Delete
  2. I thought that was a huge fruit salad! I love taking lunch from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not fruit and not so huge. It was in a sandwich square.

      Delete
    2. LOL, I thought that was about four times as large.

      Delete
  3. I'm eating lots of fish and Greek salads swimming walking and yoga everyday and small amounts of wine I'm hoping I'm more toned when I go home lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good for you. I don't think I've ever gained weigh ton vacation due to the amount of walking and moving we do, and when we do stop to eat, we tend not to eat heavy things, particularly in warm weather. MMM Greek salads.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.