- I helped DD1 clean every inch of her apartment, leaving it looking better than when she moved in. If she doesn't get every penny back from her security deposit I will go Mama Bear for her.
- I hate selling things for fundraisers, but the annual poinsettia/winter sale I did share via my Facebook page. With no real effort as people just contacted me if they were interested, she had quite a few sales and earned about $50 to off set show choir expenses.
- We had to winterize and get new tires for my car, the necessary evil in my life. While it came in at $700 (set aside in our tax, insurance, house and care maintenance account), DH learned a couple days later he would get a $100 rebate on the tires.
- I took advantage of the last free coffee Tuesday at Holiday this week when I got gas.
- DH, though his negotiating over the phone drives me crazy, finagled a $10 a month discount on our Direct TV bill. It's painful to listen to, but he usually scores something like a bonus channel or two for a few months. Discounts are much better.
We have bills to pay this weekend and another installment of show choir. We went out for dinner last night for our anniversary at a local Mexican restaurant we hadn't been to for a while. It was just OK, and I was reminded why it has been a while since we last ate there. Money was spent on business lunches this week for both of us, plus meals last weekend and pizza for moving, so I'm tightening my belt this weekend on meals. How did you all do in frugality and thrift this last week? Did you have any big or little wins to help you keep motivated?
I thought I'd try to do a little linking up this week with some bloggers I read regularly on thrift and frugality. This week, I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.