Monday, April 12, 2021

Feeling Good Monday


     Sleeping with windows open is a sure sign spring is here. The rumor of snow was only that, though now the weather man Guy mentioned it for later in the week. I could do without the 6:00 a.m. barking patrol and think I best refill my Clariton supply, but otherwise fresh air and nothing through the vents is good for sleeping. A couple weeks ago my daughter and I bought these tiny little pots of flowers. I went ahead and  followed the instructions yesterday morning finally, covering with plastic wrap as stated to create a little green house, and they are sitting in a window sill. I'll keep you updated on my progress. 

     In other flower news, the bag below was part of my Fab, Fit, Fun box and I love it. It is a good size to use as a weekender and will hold enough to go back and forth to the lake for a couple days. 


     I've been looking on-line for a couple dresses for the two upcoming weddings. I do not want to spend much, but my wardrobe is abysmal for special occasions. I'll try a couple thrift stores, but have  put a few in my virtual shopping cart as back up and will need to decide by first week of May so they have tie to arrive and test out. I'll also be done with shot two on April 24th, so May 8th is the date for the full two week protection, so could look in real stores as well.  As both are outside weddings, being able to wear a sweater is a must. 

     I have to do another shout out to Sheila at Ephemera and her post from the weekend. Check out her black and white poncho about mid post. I had to smile when she said this is her computer sweater. This is my black and white shawl/scarf, that I uses as my computer sweater, putting on my lap to keep the drafts at bay. At least my lap has some of Sheila’s style.



     The weekend was a bit of cleaning, a bit of sorting, a bit of baking, and a lot of lazing as a tired bug hit me hard yesterday late afternoon. What was going to be a short eye close ended up being a good hour plus nap. I guess the point of weekends are to get caught up not just on house stuff, but also sleep if that is needed.  Both girls had their first dose. I helped my younger daughter get her second dose scheduled in our area. They could not schedule at a different pharmacy location, but I called one local, and they were able to find a slot exactly four weeks (Moderna) from this past Saturday. Maybe I was getting pseudo tired from my kids vaccines! 

     We looked at the house with my daughter-a no go. There is just too many quirks that were not quaint, and a lot of work. The best part of the house was supposed to be the yard, but even that was muddled with a horrible view of the back of a warehouse type building, and an oddly shaped lot  line, with an eye sore shed on the neighbors property. She had though it was on the lot she would be buying  and it could be taken down, but nope, stuck with it. When it's right, she'll know. 

     Today is a long work day as I have my Monday night call. It's a gray weather, possibly rainy day today. I  hope to get a little exercise video in mid-day and a long walk later with pup. April is living up to the poem so I hope May does as well. I hope your week starts off well. 

16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that house wasn't right for your daughter, but she'll get there eventually. It's exciting stuff though isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is limited in that she is competing with families with 1-2 kids trying to get into the market as well, and I think they are bidding more than houses are worth, which is not a good thing. My daughter has more flexibility-doesn't have to get out of a current living arrangement, and I hate to say it, but I think these inflated values will drop, and then she will be glad she didn't rush into anything not right. She wouldn't mind paying a bit above market if her longer term home, but not for something that needs a lot of work, or is too much settling.

      Delete
  2. Our bedroom window is open all year round, I can't sleep without fresh air!
    What a shame about your daughter's house but when the right one comes along she'll know! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Treaders, just a tough market. We're putting feelers out to people to let her know if they hear of someone selling before they maybe list publicly.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the little pots of flowers and the dress hunting. Glad you got some stuff done and still got in some rest over the weekend. Sorry about the house, but like you said, she'll know when it's the right one. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late yesterday I tackled another little spot of the kitchen, pitched a glass cutting board I never use that was just sitting on the counter. That alone made a good difference.

      Delete
  4. Dress hunting can be a nightmare, try the Talbots sale web site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check a variety of places-I hate shopping for clothes, but I really do not have anything suitable. The dress I bought nearly four years ago for my nieces wedding in July, I wore last year to my other nieces March wedding (different family sides). I've only wore that dress two other times for work events, so a shame that it literally has had only four wears in four years.

      Delete
  5. It’s so hard with dressing rooms not being open at stores. I grabbed a pair of capris the other day even though I thought they might be a little small and yep, they need to go back. I’m not buying anything else unless I can try it on first. My daughter and boyfriend (I know I mention them a lot but they are way more interesting than me!) each bought a pot of lavender to see who could grow the bigger one and she killed hers, his is doing well lol. I pulled out my weights this morning and squeezed in a quick workout. I’m sure I’ll feel that tomorrow! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My extra work out yesterday was battling the piddle and wind walking to the mail box near the store. That was a battle of wills to hold the umbrella. I hate shopping in the best of times.

      Delete
  6. Aw, you are a dear to give me a shout-out, Sam, thank you! And how cool that we are "blanket twins"!

    I find myself being tired lately too - maybe it's the lure of sleeping with the window open? I am not quite there yet, but soon! I feel bad for my husband, who's been sleeping in sweaters!

    Lovely bag! I like the wee daisies. For a dress that can do double-duty for two weddings, look for a solid colour with a texture - then you can change up your shoes/jewelry, etc. to make it look different for each event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be my plan-but that assumes I have enough variety of shoes and jewelry to change it up! I thought maybe something in a blue or gray, then can add red shoes one day, and black sandals the other, I do not know what I am doing with this kind of stuff.

      Delete
  7. Glad you are enjoying open windows. Something that is blooming here is making all of us sneeze. Let us know how the flowers grow. Love the bag and shawl. Hope you are able to find your dress. It is hard not being able to try on clothes.
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I know my size and use the size charts to help, but how it then looks on me, is the question. Not that for a wedding anyone cares what an aunt wears anyway!

      Delete
  8. I wish your daughter was in my town. I could fix her up with a house in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a post form a fellow blogger/FB friend for a home in her neighborhood that was gorgeous and totally in her price range-even if it went higher than asking price. Different markets sure vary. She's going to look south of us again in a community that has more options it seems, but then her commute is longer which isn't great.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.