Sunday, October 27, 2019

Meals to End October



We ate out a lot in the last few weeks. since Tuesday though, I've reined it in, not counting or keeping track of DH's lunches though. Here's a list of what I came up with for meals:

  • Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes and corn
  • Chicken Pot Pie, with potatoes, carrots, celery, green beans and gravy
  • Chicken noodle soup, made with loads of carrots, celery and bread maker bread
  • Pork chops, homemade apple sauce, corn, and potato wedges
  • Tuna noodle hot dish
  • Wild rice soup and a baguette
  • Hamburgers or veggie burgers, onion rings, and salad
  • Spicy turkey meatballs with BBQ sauce, rice and vegetable pilaf
  • Salisbury steak (hamburgers with gravy)over rice with steamed mixed vegetables, drop biscuits
  • Rice crust quiche with cheese and vegetables
  • Rice hot dish with hamburger, carrots, and celery (a comfort food dish from my childhood)
  • Cheesy brats and mac and cheese (part of a Halloween tradition as I used to make hot dogs and mac and cheese for the kids before taking them around)
     And here is what I actually cooked. There must have been other things since this was from last Friday, but I'm struggling to remember who was home for what meals and when we just ate leftovers and fruit. . 

  • Roast Chicken but I'm not sure what we actually ate with it. I had to cook it Sunday, but DD2 went over to DD1's house on Sunday. I think DH and I just picked a bit because we had a large lunch with burgers and onion rings-see next
  • Hamburgers/ veggie burgers, onion rings (Sunday lunch)
  • Vegetable curry, paneer palek, and naan, DH didn't want chicken noodle soup, so ate two large tuna sandwiches
  • Our Tuesday lunch leftovers-DH made a roast chicken bagel and leftover soup
  • Wild rice soup and a baguette
  • Chicken noodle soup, made with loads of carrots, celery 
  • Pasta bake-crock pot, with cheese
  • Salisbury Steak and roasted potatoes
     I do not need to step foot in a store if I don't want to, but I like milk for my coffee and DH has been eating cereal or eggs. I've been back on a peanut butter kick for toast so likely will stop tomorrow after work for milk, bread, eggs, and buns.  I'll get Halloween treats to hand out when I stop as well. I keep adding little containers of leftovers to my freezer and it is bursting. That's lunch taken care of as I head back to work. Here's my plan for the week.

Sunday-Pork chops and mashed potatoes
Monday- Spicy turkey meatballs with BBQ sauce, rice and vegetable pilaf
Tuesday- Mushroom ravioli (from Aldi) in a white sauce
Wednesday- Take and Bake Pizza for DH (I have Trivia and will just heat up a leftover before going)
Thursday- Cheddar brats and mac and cheese (a throw back to when my kids were little on Halloween)
Friday- Leftovers
Saturday-This is my annual sisters day so will be out for breakfast and a happy hour later, but then we are meeting the guys at my sisters. I'm not sure of what, but I'll bring a desert item, a side, and some snacking foods. 

     It's definitely not an interesting menu but one that will use up odds and ends and create a no cook Friday. How about in your house? Is anyone trying anything new this fall? Have you overdone soup and over stuffed your freezer with leftover portions? Please give me some good ideas and inspiration. 

6 comments:

  1. I sturggle with Menu planning every week! The plan starts out with good intentions, maybe something new and exciting, but I will fall back into a rut with basically the same stuff weekly.

    I can eat leftovers with out a problem, but my husband, not so much. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Managing leftovers is a problem here as well. I'll gladly have leftovers for lunch-most people brown bag it, but DH often will run and get a Subway or Burger King, which annoys me as we are less than five minutes from his work. The leftover soup WILL be lunch today though.

      Delete
  2. I baked a caramel apple pie cheesecake last night, but I think the caramel on the bottom crust is too hard. It's on the counter to be at room temperature when I serve it, so we will see. I seem to always have this issue when baking with caramel. Other than that, no new recipes. Today we are having a roast turkey breast, mashed red potatoes, carrots and green bean casserole. I think a turkey tortilla soup will find its way on the menu later in the week, as well as a cottage pie. Beyond that, I have no plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that caramel apple pie cheesecake sounds amazing!

    We're going with griled brats, salmon, brussels sprouts, & tomato soup. We're using up a tomato/red pepper soup that my mom gave me from Trader Joes. It's quite good & I recommend it for keeping in the pantry for a quick meal option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My freezer is up to its bins in frozen leftovers which I ought to thaw and eat rather than keep making new stuff. You inspire me to do so in November.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make vague menu plans, like I have cooked chicken and plenty of vegetables, so what veggies with chicken. Tonight was chicken, tomatoes, ict Sweet field peas and snaps.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.