Thursday, December 5, 2019

No Definitive News-Feel Like That's Good News

     I don't have any definitive news to share, but I think that is good.  One of the biopsy's came back negative, but I've had no consultation yet and am waiting on other results. Most likely this will be treated similarly to the past and I'll have some outpatient surgery to remove the fibroids, and they'll biopsy them as well. I'll then continue to be monitored every six months or so. This is all speculation based on my last face to face visit with my gynecologist. She left me with the impression that if there was anything to worry about, she would be on it immediately. This is why I'm seeing the pause as good.  Keep thinking good thoughts, but it looks like the probability will be inconvenience and some mild discomfort, but I am falling in the  86% of women that despite many symptoms, have a happy outcome. Some of you have shared your own scares, or worse, your survival stories. It is good to feel the support of others-I thank you. 

     Poor DH though. He never takes true sick days and he came home Monday down for  the count. He had some requests Tuesday morning for ginger ail and pepto, but by days end was texting me for Exlax. He thought he was well enough yesterday, despite my urging him to stay put. Well, he texted me by 10:00 that he was going home. I've had book club and trivia this week, so I've not been a good nurse maid other to make sure he has provisions. Needless to say  I've slept in the extra bedroom. Today is his day off and he needs to just stay put. My friend told me her daughters family of six all had it. They thought the two year old escaped it at first so she took her to grandma's house. Poor baby-and J-woke up to  her spare bed covered in mess. She brought baby back to recover with the rest of them, went home to clean her house thoroughly then spent time back at her daughters  letting the mom rest. 

     I did the at home sleep study last night after Trivia. I have to drop the kit off this morning. I hope I hooked everything up right, but I'm assuming they plan for a bit of home error. I'll find out in a week or two if part of my restlessness and lack of good sleep is Apnea. I know I did not sleep well with the extra lines and patches, but I've been told this is pretty reliable and much more cost and time effective than the clinic sleep studies. With that, I'll end this post, grab one more cup of coffee as I'm feeling the need. and get on with my day. I  know it's Thrifty Thursday, but I can't think of a thing! 

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like you might have good news on the biopsy. I'll be keeping you in good thoughts and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far. There's less aggressive options to follow-up now.

      Delete
  2. I had that at home sleep monitor. Guard it with your life. Mine is in the dump and now the doctor wants $5000. !!! It is a good thing, usually, when the doctor does not set up the second appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was just the at home sleep study device-similar to what they would use at a sleep clinic. I doubt I have apnea, but this will rule it out.

      Delete
  3. Sending you good thoughts on the test results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One negative and one still in process. My anxiety was lifted with the one result.

      Delete
  4. Having dealt with major fibroids in the past that led ultimately to my hysterectomy, I feel for you. I hope you get some sort of answers. Sounds like no news is good news though! I hope your DH feels better soon and things settle down for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my age, having more children is not an issue, but the aggressiveness and time off work and life is hopefully avoided.

      Delete
  5. Waiting for medical results is so bloody difficult. Hugs. Like you say, so many issues females experience are a pain but not the worst case scenario. I think I might have just entered into menopause.....run hubby run lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wasn't feeling bad with this last bought. It's just that after menopause, additional bleeding is a concern to be checked out. Now, I wait for m consult.

      Delete
  6. Gosh you've been through the wringer lately haven't you. Fingers crossed but I was always of the opinion that you get bad results quickly and good results just take their own good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knee and exhaustion are still ever present, but if this truly is nothing, I think I'll manage the others.

      Delete
  7. Poor hubby, my husband rarely gets sick, but when he does, wow! I am so happy about your health repost, have been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Kim. I think things might be on the positive side-but yes, poor hubby. He is still sick.

      Delete
  8. Thinking of you and hoping for the best with your test results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One came back negative, so that is quite good. I'm still waiting on the other, but 50% positive, I'll take for now.

      Delete
  9. I hope you get some relief soon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, the women problems haven't been painful, just odds and signs that need to be ruled out. I appreciate the thoughts.

      Delete
  10. I never knew I had a fibroid until I had my ultrasound when I was pregnant at age 35. A couple of years later, it grew and gave me some big problems. I did a lot of research and found a surgeon who could remove it laporascopically. I had a very good outcome.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.