Sunday, April 25, 2021

Lost Titled Meal Plan

 


     I've been less focused n meal planning for the last few weeks. Even though I do not follow strictly, t was a good help in  keeping me a bit more organized and eating better, healthier meas. So I will resume. I'm running to Aldi later for meals for the week basics, and a pantry restock. With my daughter back in the house as of May 3rd, I want things she can readily grab for lunch plus help with dinner prep. She'll be back wit us through  mid August. Here's what we had last week:

  • Sunday: DH made burgers for lunch and we had leftover pasta for dinner.
  • Monday: ????? Neither of us could remember. Maybe we just ate up more leftovers?
  • Tuesday: Fajita/burrito bowls
  • Wednesday:Hotdogs and tater tots
  • Thursday: Neither of us had much-I made popcorn, he scrounged whatever he felt like when he got back home after running to the store later afternoon for several hours. 
  • Friday: Take and Bake stuffed pizza, refroze half for him for Thursday lunches.
  • Saturday: Sloppy Joes, cheese potatoes
     I left Monday blank for a while, I just can't remember while typing out this post. Heck, I forgot to even title the darn post for several hours. Post vaccine brain! I'm doing well, as is DH but we are both tired, despite going to bed early. That was how last does was as well, so if that is the worst, good news. I did a peruse of items that need using up, so building the menu first off that. Again, menu is a loose term and may only be suggestions. 

  • Sunday: Broccoli, ham and cheese quiche
  • Monday: (Edited as I forgot Monday!) Baked chicken, twice baked potatoes, and green beans
  • Tuesday: Tuna hotdish with veggies
  • Wednesday:Chicken tortellini soup (It might be warm, but I have the pasta to use up from the fridge) 
  • Thursday: Eating out for our nephew and his fiance-in lieu of a wedding shower
  • Friday:  Enchilada hotdish
  • Saturday: Outdoor get together for a 61st B-Day. I'm bringing  veggie salad pizza appetizer and probably chips of some sort as well. We won't be out late as DH will want to get on the road and we have the park clean up on Sunday.  
     I'll likely make a big pot of chili on Saturday as well that DHS and DD2 can eat when they are back Sunday night from moving her home. I also need something to bring to the BBQ after the May 2nd park clean-up. I am thinking perhaps another big crock pot pasta dish, or big pasta salad. I've kicked a few hotdishes aside for several weeks, so this is a good week to plug the in. How about your meals this week? Are you meal planning or roughing it?

23 comments:

  1. Sort of roughing it. We were going to grill steaks tonight, but last night was a dinner of baked stuffed pork chops, so DH and I decided that since we had a lot of meat last night, a casserole made of leftover spaghetti would be perfect for tonight. Besides, it's raining, so nobody will want to grill. As nobody goes anywhere on Mondays, the steaks will be grilled then.
    Tentative meals for the rest of the week, with the days to be determined as the week unfolds, are meatloaf, tuna casserole, fish and homemade chips, and homemade calzones.
    DH got his second vaccine on Friday. I get my first one on May 1. Kids are still too young to get them at the clinics, but DD is scheduling herself to get the vaccine on campus. I'm in no way an anti-vaxxer, but I am a bit leery, and may cancel my appointment. I stopped getting regular flu shots due to side effects. Within 2-3 days of receiving flu shots, I'd feel worse than I ever felt with seasonal flu. So, my whole family would receive flu shots, but I would not. I'm hoping I'll experience only a bit of fatigue with this, if I do decide to go through with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, but you have to decide. The variants seem to be hitting younger people. While there's been a few cases in news if Covid after vaccinated, I've personally not heard of cases where people regret. 2nd dose and sore arm and fatigue seems to be the worst of it. Same with both girls after shot one. One had Pfizer and one Moderna.

      Delete
  2. I had my first dose on Friday evening and yesterday felt pretty awful - low grade fever, body aches etc. I'm doing a lot better today though. DH has his first dose on Wednesday and it was the same for him. Small price to pay in my mind. Because of the vaccine roll out schedule here in Ontario, we are not supposed to get our 2nd dose until August. That may change if supplies improve. The thinking was it was better to get one dose in a higher percentage of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope the world plays nice with the supply and more doses come to you sooner than August. I'm sorry you had the poor side effects, but hopefully yesterday was better. We both just had fatigue and a bit of arm pain.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are both doing well after the second dose of the vaccine. You're giving me hope that it won't knock me for a loop. Which one did you get again?

    Meals all sound good. We are just winging it again for this week. The hubs wants to get Chinese food, that always lasts us at least 3 nights and I still have plenty on hand to chose from the rest of the week.

    Have a nice, relaxing Sunday Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got Pfizer. My younger daughter had Moderna and only had the fatigue-no other side effects. Despite the cold, brrr, it was a good Sunday.

      Delete
  4. I make vague menu plans, but my repertoire is really limited for cooking, so it's all pretty easy stuff. This week's dinners will be gnocchi with meat/tomato/veggie sauce; homemade pizza; burritos and salad; sausage burgers and roasted veggies; beef stir-fry, in no particular order - whatever I feel like making at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lot of variety to me. My melas are pretty basic, and just little changes from one to another for calling it a different meal.

      Delete
  5. I make a weekly menu but some weeks we don't follow it. This past week, we did mostly.

    Sun: Airfryer Pizza Rolls (him) Shrimp (me) & I had a salad too.
    Mon: (It snowed. *sigh*) Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad & garlic sticks.
    Tue: Chicken/Cheese Quesadillas, salad
    Wed: Breakfast Night - Bacon, Eggs, new Biscuit recipe & fruit
    Thu: Errands in the City - Take-out Taco Bell
    Fri: Fish Tacos, with cabbage, home-made mango salsa. (DH just did fish on a bun.)
    Sat: Homemade Pizza for his bday.
    We are planting corn so late evening and lighter meals. Thankfully warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to hear corn is being planted! Your menu sounds great. Do you make a large mid day lunch? I think of my friend who farms and during planting and then harvest, she has feeding a large crew down to a science.

      Delete
  6. Chili!
    That's what I should make next !
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a win for my kids. Husband, tolerates but is happy if I make him a grilled cheese with it.

      Delete
  7. I am making a menu plan again and will most likely ignore it totally as usual. Nothing new about that though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked above and saw I forgot Monday! Yeah, I'm with you. What I put down may or may not happen.

      Delete
  8. Boy your making me hungry. It been while since I had tator tots, my son makes breakfast stir fry using tator tots.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tator tots are my husbands favorite side. If they have as an option when we go out-that's what he picks. The air fryer makes great tator tots.

      Delete
  9. I look in the refrigerator and see what is there and plan a meal. It is always good to use. I cook lots of meat, usually, and eat it for several days with different vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with cooking once and eating many times.

      Delete
  10. We cooked a lot over the weekend: kebabs & rice, grilled chicken (for meals this week) & a double batch of chicken curry. I put 1/3 of the chicken curry in the freezer, but we will definitely have enough leftovers for the full week... & then some!

    We can barely fit anything in our freezers, so we need a plan for clearing them out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good using up one of the portions of ham from Easter and the lingering broccoli. Space freed up and a tasty low cost meal.

      Delete
  11. I never know what we're going to eat until Jon puts it down in front of me.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm chief cook, so it's up to me to figure it out. Jon does a nice job-your meals are sure tasty looking. I'm hoarding my last package of haloumi until I can find more.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.