Friday, May 21, 2021

Wrapping Up My Week in W's

      


     It's been gray and rainy the last three days, but its supposed to dry up and heat up to 84. You want variety and no sense in your weather? Move to Minnesota. My lack of regular blogging  will continue for a while, but popping a few things in here after my  Wednesday rant.

Where I've been: Last weekend was a very quiet weekend-and that was OK. DD2 and I wandered down town to the car show. I picked up my new eye glasses son Monday and they are worth  the expenses. I already feel less strain  working from the computer all day. 

Where I'm going: Double wedding weekend for two nephews, opposite sides of family. The Saturday wedding is smaller, just DH and I attending, but Sundays will be my big whole family. 

What I'm watching: Not much, but found a cute BritBox show-The Cafe. Episodes are 22 minutes, so can watch one if I need a little break in the evening. Nice ensemble of a three generation cafe on Weston Super Mare, UK. It   a lovely place-anyone been? 

What I'm reading:  No lie, I binge read Gone Girl last Sunday afternoon and evening. Woah! o spoilers but read this book. I am pissed about the ending as well so my daughter can commiserate together. 

What I'm listening to: I feel like music is greatly lacking in my life these days, so a I had MPR Classical streaming in the  back ground while working, and working, and working some more. 

What I'm eating:  Nothing good! We had frozen pizza last night, and I just made some penne and tossed into  the crockpot where I had sauce and meatballs started. I really need a decent grocery shop. We have ben trying to eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and thankful for what's in the freezer. 

What's top of mind: . I am fast tracking getting multiple grants out the door nd first payments made to the grantees before mid June. I go to bed doing calculations and making lists in my head and wake up doing the same. 

Who I'm paying attention to:  Sad news at the end of the day. A man that retired right before we all started working from home, a youngish retiree, passed away yesterday. I have lost track of how many former colleagues  that have passed away within a few years of retiring. So who am i paying attention to? DH and myself. Crap eating aside-we both need to prioritize our health and finances so we can be around for many years after retiring, and retire young enough to enjoy those years. 
    
What I'm planning: I've got my sights to enjoy the weekend celebrating family and next week the three day weekend. No doubt my computer will come with me to the lake, but if the warm weather keeps up, I might even take a swim. We'll definitely get the boat out to give it a whirl.

     That's how my week shaped up. This frantic time will pass, and things will level off at work. It's official that I will lose vacation time that cant be rolled forward since one of not both weeks I was planning before June 30th will likely be cut, or reduced significantly. Hearing of my former colleague, I'm going to look and see if there is someone looking for donation hours. Maybe I can help someone get a bit more pay  for time they have to take off, and that will help them mentally and physically. It seems the best action. Play along with me on your week in W's if you'd like. I love a from you all. 

6 comments:

  1. It is a fact that many healthy people die shortly after retiring. There are articles about this online. I was happy about my new glasses, but on my blog I tell the nightmare eyeglass experience.

    I love your hanging basket of flowers. That is the way to garden. For the next 8 or 10 days, we are going to be in the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have too look up the why's of the premature death at retirement. It's too sad. I like my flower baskets and pots as well.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your weddings! I'm glad the new glasses have made a difference.
    The weather is atrocious here as well, if that's any consolation!
    Yes, I've been to Weston Super Mare, I blogged about it here: https://vintagevixon.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-coastal-town-that-they-forgot-to.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look at real Weston super Mare and your post was great. It got very sticky yesterday. It will be a long summer.

      Delete
  3. I went to Weston many many years ago. The only thing I can remember is donkey rides. Oh, that and the fact that all the car factories in Birmingham used to close at the same time and every employee went to Weston!!! That's very sad about your colleague isn't it. How awful to go just as he retired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deaths shortly after retiring makes a person rethink. More for DH who puts up with way too much crap at work to do until 66!

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.