Saturday, August 7, 2021

Rain!

      
     Finally, we are getting a little dose of rain. This picture shows how crisp things are getting. I do water my flower pots-they’ve just dried so quickly. I moved them all so they can get the benefit of this morning free watering. 

     The backyard and old deck looks deceptively like an oasis of green. I hope the light rain lasts all morning and comes back tomorrow. I love a good rain shower anyway but this is a long overdue gift!



Saturday Schmatterings     

     I'm tacking on a Saturday Schmatterings mostly as a personal  To Do list. I've loads to get accomplished today, and feel invigorated with the morning rain. I reconfigured the dishwasher and that plus a load of bath towels are in the dryer and dish towels in the washer are running now. I've put of grocery shopping long enough, so after I tackle the refrigerator, I'm off to shop. Here's what I must get done today;

  • Clean refrigerator
  • Stop at Dollar Tree for birthday cards
  • Stop at local grocery store for raspberry pie filling and  white chocolate chips (insurance as Aldi is spotty on some items)
  • Grocery shopping at Aldi
  • Put groceries away
  • Bake Blueberry pie and Nothing Bundt CopyCat
  • Clean Upstairs bathroom
  • Fold and put away any laundry items
  • Wrap birthday gifts
  • Make bruschetta for ciabatta bread appetizers
  • Make some sort of pasta salad for tomorrow-still deciding
  • Do something with a large zucchini, grate or roast and 3 peppers
Added list-may or may not get done depending on how long I feel invigorated.
  • Clean and purge the bakers rack in the kitchen
  • Begin to tackle the gift wrap boxes/consolidate into one large bin repurposed from the office
  • Get ahead on some blog posting
Easy peasy right? I hope your Saturday is as productive or more than I hope to be. 






19 comments:

  1. You've got a lot on your list! I'm curious to hear how the Nothing Bundt Cake recipe works out. Sam loves that recipe, so I'd be interested in making it sometime for him.

    We could really use the rain here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with two mornings of rain, it still feels dry. I posted cake results.

      Delete
  2. I have heard tricks to keep pots moist. One was to put a disposable diaper in the bottom to hold water longer. Maybe? I always cleaned my refrigerator before going grocery shopping as it just makes sense. Enjoy your rain. Ours has finally let up for the next week with just a bit of rain predicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope- not putting a diaper in my pots. Too weird for me. We still need more rain.

      Delete
  3. I reckon someone is sneaking speed into your morning coffee. Your list tires me out just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you should see my new lists for next few weeks. I'm so far behind on life admin.

      Delete
  4. I hope you've managed to tick a lot of your list by the time you read this! I've almost finished a largely unplanned revamp of the kitchen; I'm just watching the rugby while waiting for the last few bits to dry before their final coat of paint.
    Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lists done but of course it grows back. Repainting kitchen table and chairs is on some list here.

      Delete
  5. I've been making various iterations of that Bundt cake recipe for years, and it always works out well, particularly when I need a quick dessert, or have lurking boxes of cake mix.
    We finally got some rain too! We didn't get much--just enough to make the ground a tad bit damp. I know you think the PNW is rainy, but the lack of rainfall in summer can actually lead to problems. We have our own well, fortunately, as opposed to a water share, so we don't notice it so much. (Decrease in water pressure during peak use.) But, we all use the same aquifier, and it can take many, many years for the water to replenish. Most lawns here are currently brown--not that it bothers me--no need to mow, so save on gas too. For the most part, I find lawns, while attractive, a monoculture waste of resources. If somebody has a green lawn around here, they have a sprinkler. What IS growing is the clover and a type of dandelion, which the bees just love! I told my daughter that she needs to make me a sign for the new place which says "Don't mind the weeds, I'm feeding the bees."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bees are loving my yard then as well. The cake was a success, part two.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you have a day ahead of you. Please stop for a coffee or a diet coke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of both. You are quite the pot though, lol.

      Delete
  7. Glad you are getting rain finally.
    Please let us know how the Nothing bunt copycat recipe turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted results. Easy as long as the right amount of filling is used.

      Delete
  8. Hello Sam, Your list for the day looks like more than I get accomplished in a month. Our weather patterns seem to be opposite--today was the first break in the heavy rain for many days, but it cleared up after midnight, so it was too late to go out and run errands.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was almost a joy to get rained on when I did my errands.

      Delete
  9. That's some list. I hope you managed to get it all done. x

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.