Sunday, August 22, 2021

Ready to Hit the Road

   


     Well, DD2 pretty much got her packing down to two bins, her bedding and her clothes. She had space for her backpack, a small set of cookware, and  two cloth bags of books and assorted school supplies. Her total weight is under what three passengers would be, so should be good.

     Her sister and I did a lot of coaxing to leave things, mainly excessive clothing, behind. We'll bring her really warm coat mid fall and take back some of her summer things in exchange. She's only bringing things she needs since she's only there four months. One bin is a lot of food and kitchen items. She raided my pantry. If later she only gets fresh produce, milk, cereal, and yogurt, she'll have plenty to avoid shopping. I took no pictures- imagine any other compact car with all space filled, with space for driver.

     So it starts. She got on the road at 11:15 so should be there by 3:30 to get her key and unload. She's got an Acapella choir rehearsal tonight. DD1  came over to see her off and we had coffee. She's back home now. I had to make sure pup saw them both leave it he'd search for them. I'll be doing the Sunday back to work, back to a quiet house routine. The weather is pretty nice so I'll treat myself later to a few chapters and a cool beverage on the deck.

     The Immersive Van Gogh exhibit was terrific. I'll have a separate post on it with loads of pictures. If he's a favorite artist of yours, it won't disappoint. I plan to put a few photos in a multi frame for my office. Talk to you all tomorrow with that. I hope your Sunday is perfect. 


19 comments:

  1. I read that as "alpaca choir" and keep giggling to myself now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She referred to her masked choir as The Muppet Choir because she thought they looked like puppets. She'll get a kick out of alpaca choir.

      Delete
  2. Wish your daughter a very good school year. Must be exciting to go back to school and face-to-face education. I remember my university years fondly. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was hoping no masks, but alas...At least she's with friends again. Her highschool friends have mostly moved back as well.

      Delete
  3. Hope DD2 had a safe trip back, and that you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to normalize within the absurdity of life right now.

      Delete
  4. So glad she was able to get everything into one car, and that the Van Gogh exhibit was great. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car was full, but it's doing the job.

      Delete
  5. Well, I am laughing at the alpaca choir. It looks like you are back to empty nest. I am glad she got it all in the car without overpacking the weight. It will be interesting to hear about her cooking at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had her first meal from Erberts and Gerberts (soup and sandwich deli chain), so didn't cook yesterday.

      Delete
  6. Hello Sam, I came to Taiwan with only a suitcase, but now I have a very well filled apartment--we tend to accumulate things; at least I do. My loofah soup was a success. I decided on a simple version, so I only added carrots with a little and onion and garlic, leaving out heavier ingredients such as tomatoes or eggs--perhaps next time.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will love to hear if you go more adventurous. It is amazing what we collect.

      Delete
  7. Best wishes for you DD2, Sam. I’m excited for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she has a great time-and study's hard. She has an ambitious schedule.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you had a great time at the Van Gogh exhibit - can't wait to see the photos. And I'm glad your daughter got off ok - but I'm sure you're going to miss her right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already quiet hear, but I have volumes of work to do.

      Delete
  9. Glad DD2 was able to get her need things packed. I hope her college year is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More ended up tucked in corners, but much was consumables she took form my house rather than needing or wanting a store trip right off. Fingers crossed all students stay healthy.

      Delete
  10. It all sounds good.
    I am curious to hear your thoughts on the exhibit for I have tickets.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.