Another week and I am able to be out and about in the world. I bought some KN85 masks since now the science says the fabric ones weren't doing beans. I still think they had some help. Think of the coughs, sneezes, droplets that didn't get air borne. Even with my supposed new immunity, I'm not going to live on the edge, and will keep my socializing to limited interactions wear masks away from those I know. But a few "risks" were taken. Here's some of my weekly joys, simple pleasures, or just things that made me smile.
- When walking the dog last week, there was a man and teen clearing a segment of the pond to make an ice rink. I didn't have my phone with, but a few days later, unfortunately after some more snow, I snapped a couple pictures. I've only seen kids sliding in shoes, but it'll be fun to see some skating. They need to get out there with shovels- but not today as wind chills will be -35 F! Bad picture below.
- Pup seems to over his last bought of tummy issues. It's so hard when pets don't feel well because they can't tell you what they need.
- Made up a recipe for an oatmeal bar and it turned out wonderfully. I'm sharing tomorrow.
- DH wanted to watch football after work so we stayed home. Another culinary win, recreating his favorite bar and grill sandwich, the bacon ranch chicken. He was thrilled that we had tots left to go with.
- Movie viewing this weekend was perhaps a bit excessive but one more to add. It might not be your cup of tea, but I enjoyed Before I Go, about a former successful musician that feels life isn't going to get better, but before committing suicide, decides to give it another go.
- The Packer's lost.
- My daughter and nieces event was successful. They had many people stop by and made some new connections, raised a few funds, and built some energy for their mission.
- We ended up getting supper out with my daughter and a couple friends, and brought my MIL too. My sweet daughter insisted on picking up the check as a thank you. Kids these days!
- Pup really wanted his walk yesterday, but I had a 4:30 meeting. He was so darn cute sitting on the bed just watching me the full 30 minutes. When he heard the meeting host end the meeting, he immediately jumped down, gave a quick bark so we could get going. He cracks me up.
- Had real time, text time, and call time with all my kids this weekend.
|I wish I took before the blowing snow, but can you|
make out the skating rink borders?
It is so cute your dog understands zoom! When we lived in KY, I was amazed people made ice rinks everywhere. People flooded patios and low places in the yard. Being from the South, very south, I had never seen anyone ice skate at all since there were no rinks here then.ReplyDelete
It was part of my childhood. I have skate somewhere but my knee might not cooperate.Delete
So glad you're on the mend, and able to get out & about a bit more! It was a double win for me, when both Tom Brady & the packers were out this weekend. ;-)ReplyDelete
So sweet of your daughter to pick up the check, and glad to hear that the fundraiser was a success.
My win was being able to leave work early yesterday, and take the kids to their soccer game. Sam brought up an important discussion about teen suicide & a challenge a friend is going through. Those conversations are irreplaceable, and time in the car is somehow the only time we really chat. I'm grateful for WFH & a flexible schedule (some days) that allow me to really be there for the boys.
I don't mind Brady as much as the smugness of Rodgers-and living near the die hard Packer fans that think the team is their identity is the worst-LOL and no offense. Moments with kids to really talk is hard to come by. I'm glad you had that time.Delete
I'm glad you and the dog are feeling better. Those temperatures sound evil!ReplyDelete
One of our friends is sharing his Netflix account with us so we've seen lots of good stuff we'd normally have to wait years for! xxx
IT's too cold even for the most winter loving folks-and I'm not a winter loving folk. There has been some good independent movies lately-Not that I want to be a recluse, but nice to see different than blockbuster type movies.Delete
your pup sounds like something my dd's dog would do. Cute!ReplyDelete
He has truly adapted to being the office dog.Delete
-35°F????? Wow! I don't mind the cold but that is SERIOUSLY cold!ReplyDelete
At least it wasn't really blowing hard-but my face hurt. I slather the lotion on to try and counter the brutal cold.Delete
Brrr...I thought single digits was cold. It's so hard when our pets aren't feeling good. We're actually taking Jet to the vet today because he isn't doing well so I'm a little nervous. I hope you have a wonderful day!!ReplyDelete
Ohh, poor Jet. I hope all is OK.Delete
Good to hear you're feeling better. One good thing about working from home/covid is meeting all my colleagues pets in zoom meetings :)ReplyDelete
The cats truly rule the virtual world-no sense of decency and just stick their tails right in the cameras!Delete
I remember ice skating almost every day when I was little in the Dakotas. I loved it. I would be afraid of falling now. drat! Dogs are so funny, ours loves to go. Don't say the word, car or go. I am happy you are up and about.ReplyDelete
We had a low end of a field that would thaw then freeze and made a nice rink. We've got at least 1/2 dozen outdoor rinks made by the city or schools, plus a two rink indoor, as well as all the makeshift rinks like ours all over our town.Delete
Stay warm! That is very cold. Can't wait for that recipe because, I have oatmeal to use up.ReplyDelete
It's posted now-hope you like it.Delete
I've never skated on a pond, but have used many an outdoor rink in my lifetime. I'm sure they'll have a good time.ReplyDelete
Your pup is pretty darn smart to understand when the meeting ended.
I didn't grow up pond skating, but definitely with the make shift rink we had near our house. I think pets learn patterns and habits.Delete
You had a very busy day.ReplyDelete
Work days are full, but then my evenings seem to be slow. Sunday was quite full and I liked it.Delete
This is wonderful. I was also happy that the Packers lost. I was also happy that the Bills lost (we are a Dolphins house, lol) - what an exciting weekend of games!ReplyDelete
I know, I am always worrying about Vizzini. I'm glad your pup is doing better. What a cute story about waiting for the meeting to end! Aw...
My older daughter was a Dolphin fan growing up-we even have a singed Dan Marino football DH bought on her behalf. Now she could care less! Pup is my little baby, so I worry.Delete
You had some wonderful things happen this week. I am enjoying the small joys that come from living small right now.ReplyDelete
I would love to have some snow, though I think Hell would freeze over before any local ponds would.
We need to enjoy the small things. I have some family things going on that are challenging, so appreciating something every day is essential for my own resiliency.Delete
I do believe the other masks help in stopping it being spread but not from being breathed inReplyDelete
That's been part of the narrative from the get go. Let me say I was sure happy I had a mask on the Friday before I tested positive when I went to both the doctor for m knee and a quick stop at Trader Joe's. Maybe I prevented spreading as I would not know at that point that I might have been carrying the virus.Delete