Another week and I am able to be out and about in the world. I bought some KN85 masks since now the science says the fabric ones weren't doing beans. I still think they had some help. Think of the coughs, sneezes, droplets that didn't get air borne. Even with my supposed new immunity, I'm not going to live on the edge, and will keep my socializing to limited interactions wear masks away from those I know. But a few "risks" were taken. Here's some of my weekly joys, simple pleasures, or just things that made me smile.
- When walking the dog last week, there was a man and teen clearing a segment of the pond to make an ice rink. I didn't have my phone with, but a few days later, unfortunately after some more snow, I snapped a couple pictures. I've only seen kids sliding in shoes, but it'll be fun to see some skating. They need to get out there with shovels- but not today as wind chills will be -35 F! Bad picture below.
- Pup seems to over his last bought of tummy issues. It's so hard when pets don't feel well because they can't tell you what they need.
- Made up a recipe for an oatmeal bar and it turned out wonderfully. I'm sharing tomorrow.
- DH wanted to watch football after work so we stayed home. Another culinary win, recreating his favorite bar and grill sandwich, the bacon ranch chicken. He was thrilled that we had tots left to go with.
- Movie viewing this weekend was perhaps a bit excessive but one more to add. It might not be your cup of tea, but I enjoyed Before I Go, about a former successful musician that feels life isn't going to get better, but before committing suicide, decides to give it another go.
- The Packer's lost.
- My daughter and nieces event was successful. They had many people stop by and made some new connections, raised a few funds, and built some energy for their mission.
- We ended up getting supper out with my daughter and a couple friends, and brought my MIL too. My sweet daughter insisted on picking up the check as a thank you. Kids these days!
- Pup really wanted his walk yesterday, but I had a 4:30 meeting. He was so darn cute sitting on the bed just watching me the full 30 minutes. When he heard the meeting host end the meeting, he immediately jumped down, gave a quick bark so we could get going. He cracks me up.
- Had real time, text time, and call time with all my kids this weekend.
|I wish I took before the blowing snow, but can you
make out the skating rink borders?