Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Positively Tuesday-Simple for Sure

      Shopping never was retail therapy to me. Nothing sounds more dull than hours in a mall or shopping center, unless the company I was with was fun. After I decided I was going to get new black or tan sandals in preparation for the office and summer, I surprised myself by getting excited to pick out something. I was only in Walmart, so not really options but I treated myself to new slip on white tennies. I can wear with casual skirts or capris pants. I still could use the new sandals, but for now, retail therapy was a success. Maybe next week the girls might want to shop before the younger goes to Costa Rica, but for now, I'm happy with this purchase.

     I truly do have simple tastes. White tennies do it for me and here's 10 others from the past week.

  1. DH and I went to the brewery for live music, beverages and nibbles. It wasn't late but was fun to see people we know. The Happy Birthday hard seltzer was a surprisingly delicious concoction, just for the weekend until it runs out.
  2. Wearing springish clothes out Saturday- no heavy coats. While cold weather came back, it was nice having one day, despite the thunderstorms off and on.
  3. My daughter came over for coffee, muffins, and fruit on Sunday. It was nice driving her to the airport later in the day as I hadn't seen her much the past week. 
  4. Her choir was minimally a part of it, ( it's sort of a guest musician thing) but got to hear via live stream my younger daughter's final college concert on Sunday. Well, she likely can rejoin spring semester next year, but hasn't decided if she will. It'll depend how much course work she'll have her last semester.

  5. Chatted with my son, again about movies. He was planning to go to an interesting sounding one, Northmen or Norsemen, kind of a Viking Hamlet
  6. I decided Monday nights need to be treated more special and then maybe my Tuesday and rest of the week would be more positive. So, I treated myself to a glass of wine and a face mask last night. I also gave my nails a file and tidy, not quite a manicure, but better.
  7. I'm enjoying my book club book, Good Eggs. Why do I not read more for pleasure? It really needs to be a bigger part of my week. I used part of Sunday reading the book club book, but also an "old friend" book.
  8. I made a successful sauce for the butternut squash ravioli last night. I'm trying to have fun cooking again.
  9. My college roommate shared grandbaby number two was born healthy and mom's doing well after a tough pregnancy. My niece who had her baby at 32 weeks two years ago reached 38 weeks with her current pregnancy. My nephew's house that they had to build to accommodate the increasing mobility issues due to a form of MD two of their children have, had new features completed in recent weeks that greatly helped. I'm so happy that there is medical and care support for them.
  10. Doing better to scroll on past when reading things ("news stories", social media, blogs) that certainly were going to either be frustrating, or minimally annoying, or are just ridiculous. I took a couple more blogs from my list that pops in my feed. Some people ...have completely lost the plot. Or maybe I have. 
     After today, I'll be half way through my work week. Friday is my flex day and I took Monday off. Partly because I thought I might have to help my daughter and partly to use up hours. I have plenty to keep me busy without driving 8 hours. .I'm playing Trivia tonight with friends at a different venue. Since there has been so many Wednesday conflicts, we thought we'd give it a try. Counting joys is better than looking for negatives. Yes, our spring is confused, and yes, work is a headache. But we're safe and have our needs met. By next week, May will be here and that bids new promise's. I hope your joys and smiles are plentiful.



24 comments:

  1. I see the comment area has changed and I’m hoping that I can finally get this to post! That would be a joy. The weather had been nice and even though I didn’t get to enjoy it much, I love how green things are getting. Daughter has 18 days of school left! College orientation is this weekend and the weather will finally cooperate (no giant snowflakes or sideways rain at least) to get some nice pictures, practice walking from her dorm and explore the town a little. Lunch today with my mom squad. Finally a day off after working six straight. The white slip on is my favorite style of shoe. I have Vans in grey, leopard and galaxy, Rocket Dogs in a blue floral, dark red Sperrys and an olive quilted pair from Target. I am notorious for ordering the wrong style sock to wear with them though lol. Who knew there were so many types of no show socks and most of them aren’t really no show? Fingers crossed that this posts…I’ve missed commenting! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comment area has been a bigger. Another not great change. I love the Vans shoes- these were just a quick buy, but good one for me. It's getting close for your daughter. Exciting times for her.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're seeing so many joys. Sunday afternoons have always been my mani, pedi, facial day. It gives me a boost to start the week. Nothing like it to get the week started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels nice to pamper myself. I'm more rough and ready most days.

      Delete
  3. Why do I not read more for pleasure?

    You know, I used to be a voracious reader, but somehow, I've lost my way. I haven't really read for pleasure in a long time. In fact, I can probably count the number of books I've read in the past 5 years. In another life, I couldn't have counted in a month the number of books I had read in a month. My most recent book has been "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine," by Gail Honeyman. If you liked "A Man Called Ove," you should enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg I've read both of those books and they are very unusual aren't they. If you liked Ove you might also like The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Walked Away! It's very silly but a good read!

      Delete
    2. The book club at least has me reading 7-10 books a year. I too used to consume books fast. Now I get sleepy reading.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been reading at all recently but, I have lined up 7 books to take with me on my vacation. We shall see how I will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get through a couple but having choices is perfect for vacation.

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of that Good Eggs book - probably because I liked Harold Frye - so thanks for mentioning it! And I don't enjoy clothes shopping any more (weight gain has a lot to do with that, and trying to find something that can fit both boobs in at the same time)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a replace shopper. Even when I was young and thin, shopping wasn't a thrill. I suppose then it was money- I didn't have any.

      Delete
  6. I’m a reader- I journal all my books with a couple of sentences about the plot. This year I’ve read 49. I go to the library weekly and always have a hold list. I buy very few books and when I do, I share with my sister. I’ve never been a shopper but with Covid, I did start shopping online. Gotta watch that lol. Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fun way to look back at your reading. Online shopping is too convenient. But then there were the old catalogue shopping that too was dangerous.

      Delete
  7. Such a nice week of positive things, for you. It really helps me to read these things, as it makes me think that I need to be more grateful and less whiney. I wish I could just go buy a pair of flat sneakers. But my feet are monstrous with arthritis, and I have to have a good arch support. I love me a pair of white, sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These won't be walking shoes for sure, just quick slip ons for wearing out and about. They were comfortable. I have lifts I can insert on any shoe if needed. Enjoy your family wedding.

      Delete
  8. I'm with you on Monday nights and making it count. I took myself off out for an evening walk instead of doing jobs! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I played last night as well. The list will still be there.

      Delete
  9. I would never, ever have bought those shoes, but since I cannot wear many styles now, all shoes look good. SAS sandals also go with everything, even in winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing I bought them and you didn't have too.

      Delete
  10. I love the white Vans. They will be great with several looks. I think I will see if my Walmart has any!
    And yes, you should treat yourself on Tuesdays. Make it a taco/treat day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely a cheap knock off, but we're comfortable. I ended up at a different trivia with friends last night+ it was fun and we'll play again there time to time.

      Delete
  11. A nice pair of comfy shoes would be a great addition to my summer wardrobe. They look like they'd fit the bill perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not high fashion, but simple and cute for a few hours out with skirts, capris, and the lazy part of me likes slip on slip off.

      Delete
  12. Lots of lovely positives here, Sam. Loving the plimsols (as us Brits of a certain age call them), I'm a convert and wear them with all my fancy frocks these days.
    I've always got a book on the go! I've just finished my Iceland memoir so it'll be a thriller next, I think! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.