There's just the two of us this week until Saturday. We have a grad party so don't even need to plan for us all then. I'm cleaning out cupboards and freezer and we're eating down food on hand. Yes, prices are up but they're up if I buy now or later, so I'm not bothered to be eating things up especially from freezer. I'm thinking new system for summer in anticipation of lake weekends and change of people's schedules and want a relatively clean start. Last week's meals were random and disorganized, but we were fed.
- Sunday: Boxed Mac and cheese, broccoli ( DH had gone with mom and family for late lunch, this was just my daughter and my meal)
- Monday: Roasted veg, chicken, and couscous
- Tuesday:Chow mein and egg rolls
- Wednesday: Taco night
- Thursday: BLTs and tots
- Friday: leftovers
- Saturday: Chicken-bacon wraps
Here's what I'm thinking this week- no assigned days, just options based on what's in house now to use up and I'll play it by ear night to night. This is a starting place.
- Tuna hotdish
- Sloppy Joe's and tots
- Egg bake with ham
- Fried rice and the last two egg rolls
- Panini sandwiches
- Taco salad
- Loaded quesadillas
- Ham, cheese, and pea pasta salad
- Frozen pizza
- Last of some frozen ravioli
I need ingredients for a pan of bars for my nephew's grad party and easy something's for other weekend meals so will just pick up odds and ends from local store. I sent home some items with my daughter that came home from college. She brought some sweet potatoes she thought might need using up. I'm still not feeling cooking or meal planning and prep. If it was only me, I'd not bother thinking at all. So inspire me. What's on your meal plan for the week?