Friday, June 3, 2022

Weekly W's All Over the Place

   


     I got a little frothy to say the least with my coffee this morning! This is just the couple tablespoons of warm milk I froth up but did it get volume. I thought it was funny considering the mug if the day. It's my new norm to use Saturday for weekly W's. I know I've been all over the board. But that's apt to where my head is by the weekend.

What’s top of my mind: 

     Like  so many of us, the day to day violence and death just never leaves our thoughts. It's a given my mind will go to the dark place. I'm trying though to still focus on my day to day life and family. They are too of my mind always. DD2 got her schedule for the very part time job, but still no bites in more. Maybe this week she'll hear back. Last year she had previous employers calling her after she already had a full time summer job, and the year before she worked 7 days a week.  I just don't get how hiring people work. Beg and whine you can't find good people, but no follow-up, no communication.

Where I've Been

     I had happy hour on my own porch yesterday, and a fine hour it was. I couldn't look at my computer screen another minute once 5:00 hit having been in front of it since 7:00. You all know we spent a few days at the cabin and Thursday I worked from my daughter's while the plumbing and start of patching was going on. 

Where I’m going:

     No where other than probably grocery shopping this weekend. We were going to make a fire last night but we all were tired, so going to tonight. The college kid invited a few friends so that'll be fun. I'll clean as best I can today around Thursday's mess. We've got the hole to finish and as much as I hate yard work, it's necessary. It is one of my sister's birthday weekend. The baby is now 55, but she may be out of town. 

What I’m watching:

     I binged Stranger Things. Rainy parts of Monday and Tuesday- too many, plus too many late nights, were calling me to the television.

What I’m reading:

 A Theatre for Dreamers. I've barely started though. This weekend will be home focused and looks like great porch reading weather. 

What I’m listening to:

     I had only one morning meeting so I had a buckle down day and streamed BBC World Service. I also listened to a Premier League replay and a few shopping haul vlogs while tacking things in my bedroom last night. 

What I’m eating:

     After DH's wall/ plumbing ordeal and to still come, he wanted pizza last night. Papa Murphy's for the win, with a discount code, and loads of leftovers. We ate lake leftovers through the week, but I rushed up a tuna hotdish and tacos on two others.

Who needs a good slap:

     I'm feeling docile I guess, so can't think of a specific person that needs a slap, but that doesn't mean I'm pleased with the human race right now. I think maybe we all are need if not a slap, at least a little shake to keep aware, keep diligent about how we shop and spend, but mostly that we choose kindness first.

What I’m planning:

     Since my daughter and I will be driving, and will have one night free in Chicago, I'm looking at both the route and Thursday night activities. Recommendations? We'll be staying downtown in what's described as walkable ( my iffy knee though) to many good visiting places. As close as Chicago is, I've only driven through, flew in for a layover, stayed in a suburban conference hotel or in and out same day for a meeting.

     I'm also poking my son about a visit, pinging my daughter with house possibilities, and the younger with a few more job leads. Annoying mom stuff. 

   
What’s making me smile:

     I'm so happy for my older daughter who finally had her implants completely done! The four month process turned into seven due to communication issues and errors. First Getting the texts from her that it was done and she's so happy, then seeing her post a beautiful full smile picture on Facebook, just made me smile. 

     That's my recap. Send good vibes for all my kids- my son's schedule normalizing so he can book a trip here, my older daughter's house hunt, and the youngest summer job hunt. If you want to play along, share any or all your W's.

16 comments:

  1. Where I’m going, to work and then a grad party for a coworker. We made matching baskets for the two girls we work with snacks and little things that we know they’ll need-a small first aid kit, chapstick, hair ties and lint rollers (a bit of an inside joke with all of us) an and Amazon gift card. We went for a nice walk at the high school last night and took a football to throw around a little on the field. I don’t watch much tv to begin with but I can’t stand the one kid from Stranger Things. I know that sounds awful but never could get into it. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all like what we like- which kid, as there's lots of them on Stranger Things. Your gift is really thoughtful for your young coworkers.

      Delete
    2. I’ve been told it’s Dustin that I don’t like lol. The girl who had her party last night loved her basket!

      Delete
  2. I enjoy Stranger Things. I think it takes me back to my teen years with the mall scenes, etc.
    Sending good vibes out for you and your family!! Have a great Saturday Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a touch older- more like the high schoolers in the first season, but yes, lots of references that are fun. I like paranormal stuff and quirky characters.

      Delete
  3. My little sis just turned 55 too! She’s 20 years younger than I am and the mother of my youngest nephew who just graduated from high school. Things are going well here- my youngest daughter and family are moving back to the Bay Area so when DS leaves England, they’ll live fairly close again. I hope to see new GS soon in SF and my other two after they move. GS graduated and was summa cum laude- we were all proud of him. He’s going to be majoring in physics in college, the only class I ever dropped heehee. Have a good weekend- hoping for rain here and maybe the motivation to bake some cookies. Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 19 1/2 years between her and my oldest sibling, brother. He was a senior in high school when I was born and had just been stationed overseas when she was born.

      Delete
  4. Sending good thoughts for all your kids! Hope things work out for them.
    Not much happening here. I think we are going to a community flea market. Dh may smoke some pork tomorrow so I won't have to cook.
    We have been watching a few episodes of Stranger Things. I can only take it in small doses.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up with a much bigger shop than intended, but now set for a week or more. I haven't been to a flea markets in a very long time.

      Delete
  5. How many implants did she have? It improves her smile? I thought maybe they were molars. What kind of bone did the doctor use? One doctor here uses human bone. Another uses artificial bone, I thought he used human bone, donor bone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her smile was beautiful before- I meant she had a happy smile to be done finally.

      Delete

      Delete
  6. Why for me, as in, "Why does white wine make me hurl?" Seriously, even looking at the lovely picture of your glass on the railing makes my stomach lurch. It's not even a drink in which I have ever overindulged! Latest episode, two summers ago...made a dish which really, really needs white wine, (chicken poached in white wine before baking.) Preparation went okay, so I poured a glass for both my husband and myself, and we went to the back patio. Three sips later, DD was hosing off the back patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be something in white wine tannens that just disagree with you. I get that way with the really dark beers like Guinness. Just the smell is nauseating.

      Delete
  7. Sending your children the best and lots of luck. I especially hope, you get to see your son soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Tpol. Good wishes and positive thoughts are needed.

      Delete
  8. So glad to hear that your daughter's implants are finished and hope your son is able to pay you a visit.
    How are you finding A Theatre for Dreamers? I downloaded it after you mentioned it and it was a lovely read on a Greek beach!
    I've got a glass of rather posh Saint Emilion Grand Cru on the go - chin, chin SAM, I'm raising it to your glass - have a good week! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.