Happy Tuesday! I'm off work, but worked ahead to capture all the things that I should show gratefulness for. No one has a perfect life, but when possible, making sure to see the good every day makes the hard stuff a bit easier.
- It's been a while since several of us could play trivia and it was a lot of fun. Winning is always fun and we've earned money towards a future tab.
- I met my daughter early Thursday to give her some products for care boxes to go to women in need at a local shelter. She also had donations from work friends. It's always a good feeling to give back.
- She gave me two cucumbers that were delicious for my lunch with cheese and hummus. We used one for gyro's last night, a request from DD2. These were a hidden surprise in a flower bed. I also made pickles from them. She so got a large summer squash she hadn't seen. It's like a secret Santa garden.
- It was fun meeting up with friends on Saturday. We hadn't seen them since the Corgi races nearly a month ago. We were at the local bar and grill so of course the guys knew everyone and their brother coming in and out.
- It's been fun seeing pictures of my extended family start school, or their school year activities. Even though we're so big, it's nice to feel close and connected over the generations.
- The rain over the week sure greened things up. It's a hot one this week, so nice to have a good soaking rain. I'm not a fan of the storm, but the rain was wonderful
Ignore the clutter. This area is a
holding place for sorting to purge.
- I brought this chair to my daughter. She may use on her porch, because the color matches, or elsewhere. It was doing nothing in our house but holding junk. It needs a top off coat of paint, but otherwise is solid. It was the chair to her dad's old desk, the one I use in my office with a proper office chair. I love seeing her place shape up, through thrifty means. Anyone can run into Target or HomeGoods, whip out the credit card, buy stuff to fill space in a home. She's trying to let the house evolve naturally.
- On Sunday, I helped my daughter, well handed her screws, to put together a very cute shelf unit in her office. We did some clean up of things that needed to be picked from her garden, and took a walk. It was a nice afternoon. She's having the occasional , oh sh&$ moment, but she'll be fine. Any encouraging words from others who had those first weeks, months, and year of trepidation as a new home owner, please weigh in. She'll have loads of new opportunities in this home to do freelance work, and her own creative pursuits.
- I finished the book and joined book club last night. Even though it wasn't my favorite book, it was a good meet up because there was lots to discuss. If you read Verity, without giving away any plot, are you team manuscript or team letter? We're going classic next month and reading Agatha Christie.
- Plans today are whatever my daughter wants to do with me. A great simple pleasure is to have the time to be able to help someone else. No doubt we'll grab lunch at one of her favorite places. I'm ignoring budget this week.