Saturday, September 17, 2022

My World in W's

     


Good Saturday morning. Working in stealth mode yesterday, but not having any meetings scheduled was good. I got things done at home while files loaded and programs ran their data features. I took a few calls, but no one's belittling it berating
. In fact, got a lovely compliment that everyone on my team is always accessible and helpful. Here's my week in Ws. 

What’s top of my mind: 

One of DH's good friends is in the hospital very I'll, but not specifically diagnosed yet. His wife has mobility and vision problems, and I've offered to help with transportation should she need it, or if hopefully he can come home. Another friend got them there Thursday, and her back. We all need to be there for each other. 

Where I've been:

Simple week- a few errands and Trivia Wednesday night. Plus, helped my daughter with the surprise at the end of the post.

Where I’m going:

My daughter and I plan to be at Veg Fest early, then home early. Pending our friends needs, we may or may not go to the lake for the afternoon as the docks come out. I'm no help, but my daughter has muscle. 

 What I'm eating:

Sad confession- DH picked up zBK and we both had on Thursday. I was stressed after my meetings and french fries and the diet Coke were a sort of hug. Last night's pizza was much better and healthier.

What I’m watching:

 I've watched a few meal clips on the Queen's services, procession. I apologize if I call things something wrong. We've had football on- Sunday, Monday, Thursday.....

What I’m reading:

     I start pages and my eyes close. I'll need a reading bender before book club, and read The Mysterious Affairs of Styles by Agatha Christie. 

What I’m listening to:

Similar to viewing clips, I've listened to bits and pieces of coverage on the Queen as well. On e again this morning I hear the sounds of the neighborhood, mostly the here and there dog barking or cars driving too fast on the through street. 

 What I’m planning: 

I looked at calendars and scheduled a few days off for myself including a couple Thursday-Fridays. There's no direct flights to where my daughter is, and for fall, any round trip air seems astronomical. While I'd love to see her, she's gone just four months. 

Who needs a good slap:

I'd never really slap anyone, but Thursday I was feeling slappy. I already posted yesterday about why. 

Who Deserves Knuck's (Fist Bump):  

DH is taking care of my car which is overdue for an oil change. I'll give it to him.

What’s making me smile:

We are now pet grandparents. DD1 adopted a dog through an emotional rescue organization. He's gorgeous, but timid. She'll be building trust with him but I think they'll be a dynamic duo. Pictures to come. 

That's my week in W's. Join in if you'd like. 

22 comments:

  1. I hope the new dog settles in quickly. How exciting. What is VegFest? Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veg fest is an all vegan food festival. My daughter has done volunteer work for it. The new pup is doing well. It'll take a bit as he's a rescue dog and young so needs to build his trust.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Granddog! Has your pup met him yet? My husband keeps saying he wants to get a dog but I’m convinced most of the care would fall on me and I’m definitely in a less nurturing phase of my life. I’m still the one cleaning the tank of the fish I told DD not to get last year. Sigh.
    Where have I been? Beaches, lakes, cities, countryside, the boardwalk, campus, everywhere but home. And it was fabulous. A side effect of being on the go is not really watching, reading or listening to anything. I wasn’t the least bit interested in the Queen while she was alive, let alone now. What have I been eating? We ate at an “Irish Pub” that was utterly awful while on vacation. It had great reviews but idk. I’ve never had a dark meat grilled chicken sandwich before. The appearance was so off putting. We joked that it was probably seagull, not chicken. I couldn’t eat it and I’m never like that. We redeemed ourselves by visiting our favorite pizza joint that a local turned us on to years ago and once we were home, checked out a gourmet grilled cheese and soup place downtown. 10/10! I’m planning to take off a few days for DD’s fall break. Other than that, I’d say it’s really, REALLY time to get back to reality, and get the budget, eating out and organizing under control. No more fun lol. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's taking it slow introducing him to people and other pets. He will no doubt see a lot of pup. Your week if vacation sounds good! Lots of fun activities. You can't go wrong with a good pizza, soup, and grilled cheese.

      Delete
  3. So exciting about your daughter's new dog. I'm sure he will be a wonderful companion for her. Have fun at Vegfest, and I hope your friend is doing better. So kind of you to help his wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friend is doing better. Joked to DH well need to be the designated driver for a while. Grandpup is so sweet. He'll settle in, but is in the lot of work stage.

      Delete
  4. Top of mind: layoffs & work generally. M's work is also an absolute disaster of mismanagement & poor choices.

    Planning: thinking of a trip to Europe for my sister's 50th birthday. Potentially Greece. We have a United credit that needs to be used, as well as upgrades due to airline status. Need to figure out how to best use that, in a cost effective way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry both of you are dealing with the stress. The sister birthday though, that's exciting.

      Delete
  5. I find homemade bullion based soups cheap, although not necessarily super nutritious, because of all the sodium, and I add lots of fresh and some canned vegetables. I seem to be having an issue with meat, post Covid, for some reason so I am eating it sparingly. I just use the cheap bullion I buy at Dollar Tree, or Dollar General, in a glass jar and it is $1.25, and lasts a long time. Along the same line I have made teas flavored with a bit of lemon and honey and reused the tea bags. So this has reduced my grocery bill, although the organic spinach and spaghetti squash are not cheap, nor are the tiny tomatoes, which are $2.50 carton here, at the moment. I mix it with canned tomatoes with green chilies, think no name Rotel, a little Cajun/creole seasonings, lemon juice, can of vegetables, along with bullion, and call it good…. Lol.You could get canned and frozen vegetables at Dollar Tree and do the same thing for your challenge you were talking about. I really don’t think vegetables have to be fresh in soup but are nice to have if on hand. If not, canned and frozen are fine. I am definitely not picky about my food since my skills consist of basically mixing veggies together and hoping for the best. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter and I are both going to make more of our own broth, rich veggie broth to keep sodium content down. But I too use the help of Better than Bullion.

      Delete
  6. Desantis. Slap, slap, SLAP. Using human beings for a political stunt. Governor Baker, though, gets a rather surprising knuck from me. The good people of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church on Martha's Vineyard? Seems they actual read ther Bible

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for being there for that lady whose husband is in hospital. Those are the times when you really know who your friends are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good people and have had a hard time with her debilitating illness. He's doing better.

      Delete
  8. I love the morning sounds of a neighborhood, especially if it involves kids at play.
    I know you will miss your daughter but four months will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will fly. I blinked and it's already been over 2 weeks since my son came.

      Delete
  9. That's kind of you to think of helping out your poorly friends. If everyone did a little thing then just think how much collective good could be achieved. I think I'd like you as my neighbour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's doing well. They said no doubt over the next few weeks we'll be needed.

      Delete
  10. What a nice compliment you received about your team! I can’t wait to see the photo of your daughter’s new pup. Getting them to come around can be rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My team is terrific. That's part of why the wife spread finger shaking hit a bit hard. Soon he'll make a blog appearance.

      Delete
  11. Not a bad set of Ws, this was. I always enjoy reading what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a slow pace. The new dog is adding excitement.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.