Someone was waiting for his kids.
I'm back to work today, but still a few days of happy, mostly, chaos. It was a good week off, but in typical fashion, not always a good use if time for getting things that were needed done. That's where the overwhelmed feeling comes from. My daughter left so much until the last couple days, so there's a lot in her plate today. Some things couldn't be done until today, and she knew that. Yet ... We'll get her on that plane safely and with what she absolutely needs. The rest, well, she'll figure it out
- My daughter and had a good after shopping, then a very early dinner after wandering through IKEA.
- I took advantage of my daughter working her last 2nd job shift, plus a nice night weather wise to relax Wednesday night before my son's arrival and a busy holiday working. Slowing down was good.
- Having my son home has been terrific. He's got to spend time with siblings, cousins, and extended family. He really has few friends in the area- he went to college 6 hours away, so we got to be greedy with his time.
- As luck would have it, he doesn't have to be on set until Thursday so he changed his ticket and we got an extra 24 hours. He leaves tonight. No change fee, though Delta still charges if the ticket price changes.
- The weather was an added gift. It was warm and sunny, and the weekend humidity was low.
- I spent loads of time cuddling the family babies at the lake.
- Using peppers from my daughter's garden, we had fajitas on Sunday. Man were they good. It was fun to see her being so excited about her garden produce. She brought loads of jalapenos to share with family too. I'll be making pepper jam this weekend if I can round up enough jars.
- I enjoyed lunch out with my family. My kids are going out again today while I I I'm m working.
- DD1 wrangled DH into a family picture. He is such a difficult man when it comes to that.
- Pup was in his glory having all the kids. My older daughter stayed over Sunday and last night. It was almost like rolling back the click 16 years!