Wednesday, September 7, 2022

My Wednesday Pantry--Use It Up Wrap

      It's still chaos in chez Sam. We got the oldest dropped off at the airport. It was great having him home and the extra day. But, he got contacted on route to the airport to work a job tomorrow. He earns decent pay freelancing the sporadic days in between longer contracts so said yes. I hope he had a smooth drive home and got some decent sleep last night. DD2 and I had yet a few more stops for errands. Not only did she still need to pack, of course she had laundry to do. We fell into bed, but I'll wake her up in a bit, for last flurry and checklists, but first coffee. 

     This post isn't much about my pantry at all, is it. It's a distraction for me to ramble about something to let bottled up thoughts, unrelated to food out. But, I do have a food thing to call out. This delicious wrap I've termed, the Use It Up. I've bored you all before about throwing miscellaneous stuff in a tortilla and calling it good.

     My son had made himself a breakfast burrito and left about 1/3 of what he cooked up, combining the fajita leftovers, onion, peppers,and pork, with cheese and eggs. It was too much to throw but not really a burritos worth. A lonely Canes chicken strip had been tossed in the fridge. It smelled perfectly fine, so it, along with the last few taco cheese curds were added, heated up, rolled, wrapped, and cut. I'm no sandwich artist so ignore the plating. 

     You really can throw anything in a tortilla to get a delicious wrap.  Not letting food go to waste is important in the best of times. These days it's critical. Now that I've filled a post with nothing of substance, I'll let you get on with your day.

    

12 comments:

  1. I love tortillas, and agree. You can put almost anything into a wrap! Luckily, we cooked a lot over the weekend (really, M did), so we're eating leftovers. I'm grateful every time I open the fridge & see the options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hamburger that needs cooking so giving the option of tacos, yet again, or s quesadilla Burger. I don't have any buns!

      Delete
  2. Conquering food waste is critical, especially now. If it can be delicious in a wrap all the better. I don't even worry about delicious, just minimizing waste, so most of my lunches are just fodder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being able to see a meal with bits and pieces is a real skill. That it saves money and waste is great. Is it a perfect meal every time? No but restaurants can be a miss too.

      Delete
  3. Hello Sam! Just having a catch-up and happy that you had a lovely time with the family. That photo of your dog in that last post is adorable. I've never had a buritto, I know nothing about Mexican food really - there's a chain in town but I don't eat at fast food joints so I've never been. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chain food isn't the same anyway. You're smart to avoid. But I think you'd love a fajita style burrito, stuffed with rice, beans, and grilled veggies- cheese if you eat it.

      Delete
  4. The wrap looks delicious. I'm sure any leftovers used up in a wrap would taste so much better than anything bought readymade - and be so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tortillas are by far the bread we use the most. I have other types that need using up.

      Delete
  5. We also eat a lot of wraps. I even posted about breakfast wraps today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly working my way through blog rolls! I can't wait to see what you've made.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They sure come in handy on no cook nights.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.