We've had little spending on entertainment the last week. The combination of streaming, football, and extra walks, plus using garden produce means more time at home or my daughter's. Home Entertainment is thrifty. Other things that saved a bit of money in an otherwise expensive week with another dog to help care for include:
- Used a $10 coupon for a second kennel for our house for when he needs his space
- Will be donating one bought through Chewey. It was just too heavy, but they are refunding, but don't want it shipped back.
- The hospital had a discounted parking ramp pass. $4 compat d to $7 was a win.
- Made bulk meals on Sunday for easy nights. Sent chili home with my daughter too.
- Used her produce in Meals- free veg, yes I do get free food occasionally.
- After more than enough late lunch, we passed on dinner out Sunday and DH just went and got Buster Bars for a dessert. He bought a multi pack ( the shame) but now he has a few for later in the week or next. I'm good with one for months. To his credit, buying a box is one of six free.
- Saved gas by sleeping over at my daughter's Monday as I had back to back doggy daycare shifts. I brought pasta salad for us both, plus leftover soup for my lunch next day. Planning ahead stops temptation to pick up food on route.
- I got breakfast, lunch, and snacks at a meeting/ conference yesterday. It's nice to be treated well
- Not so much thrift, but by losing my Covid weight and a few pounds more, my work clothes still fit. They're another three years dated, but no one I interacted with this week in meetings and events care.
Gas has been up and down again. I'm not bothered as I'm fortunate to be able to afford it but worry for others. My brother is safe in Florida, opposite coast. I'm keeping all in my thoughts for safety, and for recovery for those in Puerto Rico as well. Stay safe if you are in any storm paths. I hope you had a positive fiscal week.