Thursday, September 29, 2022

Thrifty Thursday - Home Entertainment Edition

   


    We've had little spending on entertainment the last week. The combination of streaming, football, and extra walks, plus using garden produce means more time at home or my daughter's. Home Entertainment is thrifty. Other things that saved a bit of money in an otherwise expensive week with another dog to help care for include:

  • Used a $10 coupon for a second kennel for our house for when he needs his space
  • Will be donating one bought through Chewey. It was just too heavy, but they are refunding, but don't want it shipped back.
  • The hospital had a discounted parking ramp pass. $4 compat d to $7 was a win. 
  • Made bulk meals on Sunday for easy nights. Sent chili home with my daughter too.
  • Used her produce in Meals- free veg, yes I do get free food occasionally. 
  • After more than enough late lunch, we passed on dinner out Sunday and DH just went and got Buster Bars for a dessert. He bought a multi pack ( the shame) but now he has a few for later in the week or next. I'm good with one for months. To his credit, buying a box is one of six free. 
  • Saved gas by sleeping over at my daughter's Monday as I had back to back doggy daycare shifts. I brought pasta salad for us both, plus leftover soup for my lunch next day. Planning ahead stops temptation to pick up food on route.
  • I got breakfast, lunch, and snacks at a meeting/ conference yesterday. It's nice to be treated well
  • Not so much thrift, but by losing my Covid weight and a few pounds more, my work clothes still fit. They're another three years dated, but no one I interacted with this week in meetings and events care. 
     Gas has been up and down again. I'm not bothered as I'm fortunate to be able to afford it but worry for others. My brother is safe in Florida, opposite coast. I'm keeping all in my thoughts for safety, and for recovery for those in Puerto Rico as well. Stay safe if you are in any storm paths. I hope you had a positive fiscal week. 

12 comments:

  1. Also thinking of Florida & hoping everyone is staying safe.

    You had some great wins. I'm mostly saving time today, by not going to the office as planned. I only have one in person meeting, and need to go back & forth for kid stuff, so it will save me close to 90 minutes in driving time. Additional time is always a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now it's moving farther north too. I'm so sorry for all experiencing this disaster. Time savings is a big thrifty win.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good, thrifty week, Sam. I’m glad your brother in Florida is safe. We have family there too and they are also safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DHs uncle and cousins too are safe and we are grateful.

      Delete
  3. I lost as much as 14 lbs with covid but damn if it doesn't keep yo-yoing back up and down, so well done to you for keeping it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I put 11 pounds on and struggled to lose it. This is just another loss of three but enough to have my clothes fit. It's not impressive.

      Delete
  4. I bought home entertainment for Tommy--paint by number kit, a Christmas picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness your brother is safe, it looks very grim on the news. Well done on the weightloss, too.
    Nothing thrifty at all this week - the pound is at an all-time low so our cash didn't go far in Greece plus since we've been back I've had a day out in Birmingham with a friend, breakfast in Spoons, some cosmetic dentistry (not available on the NHS), a night out with the gang planned for tomorrow and I've just treated myself to a new hat (like I need another one!) Oh well, you can't take it with you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time at Spoons always seems to be a good plan. Cosmetic dentistry is not covered here either by most insurance so it's usually 100% out of pocket.

      Delete
  6. Glad your family members in Florida are safe. We're still waiting to hear from some. Trying to stay positive knowing the challenges they're going through right now will power and cell service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep thinking of your family too. I'm sure it's scary waiting for an update. They said their bringing more portable cell phone towers in this weekend to help.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.