Saturday, October 8, 2022

My Week in W's- Nap Time

      It's Saturday and another weekend for reflection. Work still has been nothing short of sucky. I hope to goodness we laid to rest the audit documents requested and we can just let the outcome be what the outcome is. It's Saturday so I don't want to think about work until Monday. What else is on my mind. 

What's Top of Mind:

     Health issues still are plaguing so many family members. While my sister is doing well, a brother in law had to be hospitalized on Friday. I guess he should get to come home today, but has some recuperation. He just lost his mom a month ago, very fast to cancer, and his dad needs major caregiving. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as my sister's family gets through these health care needs. 

Where I've been:

     Well, no where. Literally, I've not left my immediate neighborhood, and even that was only on foot, since last Friday when I went to my sister's. I was going to go to the library Thursday night to pick up my book club book and to look for a replacement jacket to the one lost in DC last March. DH both got called to help his mom with something, and to get back to the store. That changed my plans as I wasn't going to crate the puppy again. 

Where I’m going: 

Today though, I will do both, library and jacket shopping. I might even sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in peace, not in front of my computer screen. My daughter has to work today so we had the puppy last night and DH is working of course. I want to be out of the house at least four hours to mimick his day schedule. When I come back, I'll clean and do laundry as best I can. He's pretty good about just following me around. It's when I'm head down working I can't just let him wander. 

     It's DH and my 35 anniversary on Monday. Grandpup has his shots Monday so he'll be with her a few days. We're going to actually go out for dinner. We'll take a look at those dinner cards bought last week from the choir program, and make it a bargain anniversary meal. We will not exchange gifts. The bathrooms and the patio will suffice. 

What I'm eating:

Tonight's clean out the refrigerator night. I know there's soup, pork loin, and chicken fajita fillings. Last night, DH suggested pizza and I was game. He just got a premium one from the grocery store, but it sure tasted pretty good. I love pizza- rarely get tired of it but with the carbs, fats, and processed sausage and pepperoni, I try and limit to just a couple times per month. Try being the word. 

What I’m watching:

Since I've not had my lazy evenings, I've been turning on the 5:30 national and 6:00 local news while I wait post puppy feed (5:30)  for his outside time. He's still not giving us great signs when he's ready to go out, so if no sign after 45 minutes post eating, I've taken him for a bit of a walk. Often we are back in time to catch all or a portion of Wheel of Fortune. The vowel buyers still drive me nuts! 

I'm still watching House of Dragons. It's not my genre of story, but I'm curious where it will go. 

What I’m reading:

The book we picked for the November book club meet up is The All Girls Filling Station Last Reunion. I think it will be a light book before heading into the holiday busy season.

What I’m listening to:

While the dogs slept, I had MPR streaming to get caught up with news of the day. However, it's the start of another membership drive. What I'm listening too this morning is my coffee dripping, pup sighing, and grandpup wandering. 

 What I’m planning: 

I'm going to host my sisters day/ overnight at the family lake place. It'll be nice to all get together. Generally we meet for a hearty breakfast, then shop, wander, have a beverage or snack, then either head back to a hotel, rented cabin, or someone's home, for cards and goofiness. It's great to be able to use the family cabin that's more like a house with plenty of sleeping room. The cabin DH owns in common with siblings and relatives is only seasonal. 

Who needs a good slap:

     I'm done slapping for the week. I did that in my rant yesterday. 

Who Deserves Knuck's (Fist Bump):  

     Our neighbors down the street, while are annoying treating the cul de sac as a playground, have some awesome Halloween decorations up. They also use the sheetrocked and heated garage to have movies playing. I appreciate that people lean into enjoying their homes, and making the most of space. 

What’s making me smile:

     The week has not been without challenges with managing work, two dogs one of which is  puppy crate training and curious. Like Friday at 1:15 when an impromptu meeting was called for 1:30 while I was trying to get them walked. I hustled back home, only to be called at 1:25 about the audit, juggling to get that call wrapped up to get to the other meeting while pup was growling at grandpup, who was crying because he wanted out of the office. I got through both, got the boys outside for another potty break and one for myself. But then, this was the scene at 3:30. So sweet!



      Sometimes you just have to roll with life, lest it roll over us! When things get chaotic, I need to just think both this too shall pass, but also it's chaos because there's people and pets in my life to love and who love me. Living beings don't just sit on shelves when not convenient. If I want the rewards of snuggles on cold winter days, I need to put up with the cranky transitions. But I could use a nap too. Play along. What are the W's in your life this week? 

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the family health issues and about your stressful work week. I hope you have a peaceful, relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My BIL is doing well, but he won't be able to care for his dad. They will need to make some decisions. His mom was the caregiver.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Sam! I can tell you what's making me smile...spending time with my daughter and family. My two oldest grandchildren are spending the weekend with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy for you! That was so much of why you moved right?

      Delete
  3. I gasped because I feel bad when we have pizza every two or three months. While I don't have any processed or not meat on mine, the rest of it cannot be good for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gasped? I think all things in moderation are fine and a few slices a month aren't going to hurt me.

      Delete
    2. You gasped? Bit dramatic. It’s just pizza for dinner. Your diet can’t be that great.

      Delete
    3. I think PP was being funny, not dramatic. She seems to cook loads of lean meat and vegetables so my passion for a good old pizza probably was a bit "wow".

      Delete
  4. Sam I am with you on the pizza. I love it too. My reasoning is that at my age if I can’t eat what I enjoy sometimes, then that’s not much of a quality of life. Moderation and compromise is the key to most things. Megan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not polishing off a large pizza myself. Even two of us eating there's leftovers.

      Delete
    2. But hey, even if you were ravenous and did eat it all yourself, as long as you don't do it the other six nights of the week, then all is okay. Megan (the woman who has eaten a whole large pizza herself on occasion)

      Delete
    3. I have eaten more than I should. I can't say I didn't enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes you just have to roll with life - only sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Always. Life these days is not what I would have planned, but it is my life.

      Delete
  6. Gosh, didn't you go to Europe for your 30th wedding anniversary??? And now it's already 35 years? Crikey, doesn't time fly! And I'm praying for your sister and her family. I hope they are all doing better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, though it was the August after our 30th, so just four years ago. Still, time really went fast.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.