Saturday, October 1, 2022

My Weekly W's

      

The view from a walking trail
 near my daughter's house. 


     Good Saturday morning. I have a pretty good to do list and today's the day pup and grandpup get acclimated. Depending on how it goes, my daughter and her dog might spend the night as she has a morning meet up with someone nearby and might be a good test night. She feels better that the bobble in her electrical is taken care of. She just has a lot of change and things to learn at once. Hmmm, why did she get a dog you might ask? At this point, it's not important, but over time, they'll be so good for each other. What else is on my mind. 

What's Top of Mind:

Of course I'm watching the hurricane devastation like most of us in the US. I can't forget it also hit many island countries too, and the impact from last week's is still felt. I can complain about snow and cold, but I've never experienced anything like hurricane weather. This is not the time for politics- people just need help. 

Where I've been:

My week was quite busy with doing puppy care, a work gathering, and a two day conference. Last night I played cards at my sister's. 

Where I’m going:

 DH isn't going to work today and taking care of projects. I have a new normal work week ahead. At some point, there's a few things we'll need for groceries, but just basics. 

What I'm eating:

We finished the tortellini soup earlier in the week, and pasta salad later. I froze one container of chili. My daughter has more produce to pick and use this weekend. I'll probably make pasta sauce of some sort, but I soaked beans for soup. 

What I’m watching:

I surfed a bit and landed on a French 6 episode comedy called Reunion. An atypical family runs into financial hardship I their hometown in France. Jeremy learns his dad he never knew left him 1/2 an inheritance on the island of Reunion. He also learned of a half brother. The family expands as the French family moves to Reunion. I enjoyed it, but just one season so no idea if there will be more. It featured Sara Martins, Camille from Death in Paradise, as the brothers wife. 

What I’m reading:

Agatha Christies The Mysterious Affairs of Styles for Monday bookclub. I may start Little Women soon. I think if it as a winter read book though. 

What I’m listening to:

This morning? It's been quiet outside. I heard dogs barking, likely a block or so away. I've nothing on so just hear the house sounds.

 What I’m planning: 

I'm planning to not feel so much stress. Each day I use the meditation, calming time before starting my day. It has helped. I've given myself two minutes here and there to do the same during the work day.  It's supposed to be very nice outside today, so besides inside tasks, and he day calls for weeding, and other general outdoor tidying as well. 

Who needs a good slap:

Hmmm. I can't think of anyone behaving so egregious this week. I'll slap a couple YouTubers for their "hauls" videos. In an economically challenging climate, doing try on hauls of cheap mass made fast fashion feels stupid. Plus, from what I've learned, they really are not "obsessed" with the shirts, dress, sweater, pants when a week later they're reselling on Depop or Poshmark.  

Who Deserves Knuck's (Fist Bump):  

The conference I was at was very well organized with good panels and speakers. The hotel staff were impeccable in their professionalism. Everyone thought so. It was nice hearing my fellow attendees give lots of kudos to the staff who treated us so well for two days. 

What’s making me smile:

 Seeing how much my DH is happy with my daughter's dog. He's more of a bigger dog guy, and while if course pup is loved, he's going to have fun with the "real" dog. 

I hope your week was filled with gooda d positive things. Stay safe. 

17 comments:

  1. I'm sure the dogs will become fast friends but it's always a bit stressful introducing pets to each other. Enjoy your Saturday Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast friends probably not. It's been quite a 24 hours. My pup is the problem. He's so barky.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can think of a few people that needs a good slap! How about every Congressperson that voted against relief for Hurricane Ian? I'm ready to slap each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the political crap I hate. We all need to support each other and they are supposed to work for us.

      Delete
  3. I need to follow your example, and meditate more frequently. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need it this week. It'll be a transition to acclimate both dogs and work, but we'll get through it.

      Delete
  4. Missed Free for All Friday, as I was insanely busy. I have no plans to leave the house today, having declared it a day for me. Slaps, punches, and kicks in teeth are ALL THOSE who EVER push fast fashion. I find it ironic that these same people (at least around here) all belong to a church that pushes the "life is precious" and does the stupid "Dressember" to bring awareness of human trafficking--wearing stupid dresses from clothes no doubt pieced by workers suffering inhumane conditions. KICK IN THE TEETH!!! I try to avoid fast fashion by buying the bulk of our attire in thrift shops, with my thought being, (and maybe erroneously, so forgive me) that the debt was already paid. When I do buy new, I try my hardest, which, granted, is more expensive, to buy ethically as well, but, sadly, cannot always achieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too think at least thrift stops at least one more piece of cheap stuff being made. It's a step in the right direction. Today is my not leave day, other than dig walks and playing with them outside.

      Delete
  5. Top of my mind is fall break! My daughter is home as well as three college girls from work who are like daughters to me. I’m overjoyed at seeing them this weekend as well. I went to lunch with my mom squad this week but otherwise stayed home/work in advance of a busy few days with DD home. I was able to take off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to hang out with her and drive her back to school. I know we’ll be stocking her dorm up and looking for some warm weather stuff since she’s in a colder and snowier area up there. Who needs slapped? I’ve heard multiple roommate horror stories and some of these girls need a reality check. Being a mean girl is not cute and it will most certainly come back around and bite you. What’s making me smile? All my sweet girls and my son going to the Post Malone concert Wednesday night and taking PTO the next day. He works so hard, six days a week, a lot of 10 hour days, he deserves to treat himself and have fun. I’m still also a little jealous that I didn’t get to go ;) JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy for you enjoying your trip me with her. A good concert is smile worthy.

      Delete
  6. Hurricane Zeta dropped my neighbor’s tree on my “work house” roof a few years ago in the middle of the night. It was still one degree above hurricane one status when it arrived here, after making landfall in Mississippi and traveling this way. I didn’t own the retirement house then, which is further north in central Alabama, and could not escape to there. Not pleasant that week but power crews did get power restored in a couple of days. Ian was a hurricane on another whole different level… yikes! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts are staying with those that are going through the recovery. It's devastating. I hope you stay safe

      Delete
    2. Ian was no where near me. We have had gorgeous weather. My sister in law got a lot of rain in Savannah with Ian but she was fine also. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    3. I'm never sure how far storms reach and where impact might be.

      Delete
  7. The view from your daughter's house and her lovely dog are gorgeous!
    Have a great, chilled out week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a good boy. Still puppy and we're all exhausted, but he'll be worth it as he's already a part of the family.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.